Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so much the gas mileage etc. I'd expect that since it is a hybrid. But the fact that it will go into auto stop even with the heat/ac going. That is so cool! I always had to turn off the heat/ac to get the Civic to do that!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firepa63 said:
Peggy, I must be a dummy as I haven't heard the term before ... what is "auto stop"?
That's what the Civic called it when the gas engine shut down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dogtag said:
I knew what she meant...My engine stalls at every stoplight. :lol:
LOL.. yeah my husband loves to say "You need take this car back.. It stalls worse than the last one you had!"

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I had my car detailed last week. The guy came to pick up the car. I asked if he knew how to drive the car. He said he could figure it out, so I instead showed him. After a minute into the warmup, the ICE stopped of course. He was concerned that the car stalled. Even with me reminding him this was a hybrid, I could only show him by having him put it in reverse and ease off the brake. He thought that was wild.

As he backed out, I experienced the car driving away silently on electric, as I am usually INSIDE the car. That is wierd! When I relayed my experience to my parents, they nodded. They feel the same way when I 'creep' out of their driveway when I leave for home.

Heck, even when the ICE did kick in, I barely heard it 50 feet away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That was the hardest thing to get use to when I ifrst got the car!! Now I just sit there and grin as the cars around me run and make noise, waste gas, wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone drove a Prius!?!?

I just want to say that in the La Mesa area we have a fairly large Prius population, makes me happy that my Prius and I live here too!

Dan is a brave man, I can barely let the car out of my sight when I take it for the oil change say nothing of giving the keys to some dude with no clue!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, that is the one thing I love about my car, the Stealth Mode. I love creeping up on old people in my car. Freaks 'em out.

:twisted:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
Yeah, that is the one thing I love about my car, the Stealth Mode. I love creeping up on old people in my car. Freaks 'em out.

And how old do you have to be to be "old people" Mr. Retired? :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:

Funny you should mention that... Not too long ago I was leaving the house in the wee hours... spotted my neighbor 5 doors down walking his dog, (right down the middle of the street as usual) so I jabbed it into EV before the ICE kicked in.

On Christmas, I heard from my niece's husband... he was working a closing with a 'guy from my neighborhood' who told him 'Oh, Is he the one with the quiet car? I heard his garrage open, and he was passing me before I knew he was there. It was early morning too!"

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hep said:
TJandGENESIS said:

And how old do you have to be to be "old people" Mr. Retired? :wink:
Hmm. I am retired, so I would say at least as old as me.

And I'm 41.

Now, get off my lawn, ya dang whipper snapper!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Again, confused someone. Drove to Ocala to see about some model train sales and shows. Went to this dude's house that sells DCC decoders. When my friend and I went to leave, I had enough time to get it in 'gear' and start maneuvering out of the guy's property, before the ICE got a chance to kick in. He thought it was an electric.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
I love creeping up on old people in my car. Freaks 'em out.
It is not nice to scare granma or granpa... :( .

·
Registered
393 Posts
An04Prius said:
TJandGENESIS said:
It is not nice to scare granma or granpa... :( . No matter what you do, you will one day be one of them ...and their grandchildren might follow you around and put little speakers in your teeth while you sleep, and blast Rap directly into your brain. :p
I am one of them. An old person. At least that is what the kids say.

Now, put away that rap music, you young whipper snapper...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
An04Prius said:
TJandGENESIS said:
It is not nice to scare granma or granpa... :( . No matter what you do, you will one day be one of them ...and their grandchildren might follow you around and put little speakers in your teeth while you sleep, and blast Rap directly into your brain. :p

Nice to chat with another old person... :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
An04Prius said:
TJandGENESIS said:
An04Prius said:
TJandGENESIS said:

you notice I intentionally do not put the word "music" after Rap. Nice to chat with another old person... for that you get an automatic free pass to to tease old people :p
Seems we had this discussion many months ago, Polar Bear. My daughters STILL try to listen to Rap when driving my car. They tease me trying to have me identify the rapper.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Just did it again! My best friend had a going away/birthday party for his daughter, so there were lots of people at his house. I had his son's car blocked in. So I went to move my car later, but put it into EV. After all, it didn't make sense to start the ICE only to move it 50 feet. His son found it cool and weird to see my car creep away from his.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
8)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts