Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to a wedding at the Four Seasons in Boston on Saturday. When I handed the fob over to the valet, I asked, "Do you know how these work?"
He answered, "Yes. If it can be driven, we know how to do it. Not a problem at all."
I figured that since these aren't exactly THAT rare, they've seen them before.
After the wedding (very nice, btw) they brought it back - with one bar left on the battery. I can only guess they didn't shut it off the whole time we were upstairs.
Ah well, no biggie in the long run. It started recharging pretty quickly. Plus, the nav computer saved our butts big time. Traffic was HELLISH in Boston on Saturday. (Five commencements, the USS JFK, a parade in Southie, Red Sox home game, access to Storrow Drive was shut off, and Harmid Karzai was staying at the Ritz around the corner.)
The lesson? Talk to the valet. Explain. And then prepare for a screw up, I guess.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You left out my daughter's softball game and my son's soccer game...

Well, what was your mileage back to NH? That's what counts!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
That's when you turn off SKS so they can't remove the fob if the car is still powered up.
BRILLIANT!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've let vallet take my car numerous times. Probably around 20 times. I've never had a problem. They all knew how to drive it, they told me its like the Mercedes, slide in key, shifter on the dash. I just said, sure! It sounds like he knows what I am talking about. Most of the vallets I've been to used the Smart Key System, they say heres your key when I get back in and the cars still on, so I think its pretty cool that they like that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts