Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes in the am when I leave for work the battery bars are yellowish green instead of blue. They soon turn blue after a few miles.

What does this color mean and are there other colors?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Saruman said:
Sometimes in the am when I leave for work the battery bars are yellowish green instead of blue. They soon turn blue after a few miles.

What does this color mean and are there other colors?
Saruman,
A search will likely turn up lots of posts on this topic. In a nutshell, the different colors simply provide a quick visual indicator of what level of charge the batteries are holding. My car stays in the blue or green sections almost all the time. There is at least one other color below blue, but it's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember what it is.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you have a 2004, there are a total of 8 bars. If the charge is 1-2 bars, the bars appear red/purple (depending on your definition of the color.) If it's 3-6 bars, it appears blue. if it's 7-8 bars, it's green. The color is just a 'quick-glance' way of determining the approximate charge. (i.e. Green is full, red is empty, blue is 'normal'.)

I haven't seen a 'yellowish-green'... Then again, I don't know about the 2001-2003. If you see the different color at the same charge, it could be the LCD warming up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ive seen yellow on the current model several times. BUT maybe that depends on which colour profile you have chosen.

Btw, I dont think the display needs to warm up, except if it gets frozen which is unlikely.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
LCDs shouldn't need warm-up time, but if they get really cold, they can display things a little off for a minute or two before warming up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
ehurtley said:
LCDs shouldn't need warm-up time, but if they get really cold, they can display things a little off for a minute or two before warming up.
True, but not a problem in Virginia in Summer ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts