Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed the xm radio from toyota that is suppose to work from the solaris...i say suppose to work....wondering if the unit is defective????....we are unable to change the channels from the steering wheel effectively....this is how it works....say you are on any channel from like 4 to 200 and you select the up or down key on the steering wheel....it will the change the channel, (4 to 200), to channel 1 and that is it.....no other up or down steering wheel key will move to another channel from then on...... stuck on channel 1 forever!!! what's up?? :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
You need to set the radio presets before the steering wheel control will work. If you want to go to a station other than on your presets you need to use the tuning knob on the radio. I struggled with the same thing after installing the XM unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
flyboy09 said:
installed the xm radio from toyota that is suppose to work from the solaris...i say suppose to work....wondering if the unit is defective????....we are unable to change the channels from the steering wheel effectively....this is how it works....say you are on any channel from like 4 to 200 and you select the up or down key on the steering wheel....it will the change the channel, (4 to 200), to channel 1 and that is it.....no other up or down steering wheel key will move to another channel from then on...... stuck on channel 1 forever!!! what's up?? :(
I was wanting to add xm radio to my 05 prius with the jbl system, and well do I need to just buy the xm tuner kit for the solaris? Does the kit include everything need to install it? Is it better than say getting it from coastaletech ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Coastaletech has great instructions for the install so I would go with there kit. Have fun, RIck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
My understanding is that CoastalETech and PriusXM sell the Toyota kit, but it comes with Prius-specific instructions and/or video for the install.

http://www.coastaletech.com/xm_radio_in_prius.htm

http://www.priusxm.com/


You could order the Toyota XM kit for the Solara from your favorite Toyota parts source, part number PT546-06040

one known Prius-friendly Toyota dealer has posted the installation instructions for the Toyota XM kit, and is offering it for sale here:
http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails. ... rtIndex=10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
In response to original message

Melgish's XM Radio Quick Reference Guide

On The Steering Wheel:

The MODE button will now include the XM system in the rotation
AM => SR1 => SR2 => SR3 => FM1 => FM2 => AM

The <|> button will flip you through the presets of the current SRn page just like it does with AM | FM

On The Dashboard:

The \/SEEK/TRACK/\ will take you through all the channels in the same category. So, if you are on a Rock station, you will go from
40 => 41 => 43 => 44 => 45 =>46 => 47 => ... => 54 => 40 one channel per press.

The AM button will take you through an abreviated tuner selection
AM => SR1 => SR2 => SR3 => AM

The SCAN button will automagicly scan channels in the current category. Same as above, about 5 seconds between flips. Press SCAN again to stop on the current station.

The Tuner Knob will take you channel by channel to whhatever station you want. Once there, using the <|> on the wheel will take you to whatever preset you were on before using the dial.

The Volume Knob can be used to adjust the volume. I mention this because XM volume seems to vary from channel to channel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
DanMan32 said:
How about if you HOLD a <|> button? On FM, that's a seek.
I'll have to try that and report back :) But I thought I did pretty good for my first *informative* post...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Holding the <|> button only moves XM tuner one preset in the appropriate direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
melgish said:
DanMan32 said:
How about if you HOLD a <|> button? On FM, that's a seek.
I'll have to try that and report back :) But I thought I did pretty good for my first *informative* post...
1 informative post in 973....not bad, not bad at all! :shock: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
efusco said:
melgish said:
DanMan32 said:
How about if you HOLD a <|> button? On FM, that's a seek.
I'll have to try that and report back :) But I thought I did pretty good for my first *informative* post...
1 informative post in 973....not bad, not bad at all! :shock: :wink:
It was bound to happen...sooner or later. :arrow: :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
melgish said:
efusco said:
melgish said:
DanMan32 said:
How about if you HOLD a <|> button? On FM, that's a seek.
I'll have to try that and report back :) But I thought I did pretty good for my first *informative* post...
1 informative post in 973....not bad, not bad at all! :shock: :wink:
It was bound to happen...sooner or later. :arrow: :twisted:
Says you! My reccord is unblemished! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Hep said:
melgish said:
efusco said:
melgish said:
DanMan32 said:
How about if you HOLD a <|> button? On FM, that's a seek.
I'll have to try that and report back :) But I thought I did pretty good for my first *informative* post...
1 informative post in 973....not bad, not bad at all! :shock: :wink:
It was bound to happen...sooner or later. :arrow: :twisted:
Says you! My reccord is unblemished! :)
You'll break sometime in the next 250 or so posts. Wah ha ha ha! :twisted:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top