Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WSJ's editorial/letters page has a political bent. What, exactly, the political opposition to a Prius is, I have no idea. But I wouldn't be surprised if these letters are making it in more because of politics than anything else.

Let the haters rant. It's not hurting sales (in the free-market economy that you would think WSJ would be in-favor of).

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Well, let's put it this way, I basically like the political and opinion pages of the WSJ. There is more good journalism in one page of the WSJ than ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and PBS combined. However, I don't go to the WSJ to get advice about buying cars. In fact I don't even consult Consumer Reports before I buy a car. Why? I'm a fool. :D

But really, WSJ gets some things in the opinion sections correct. And they get some things wrong. They are wasteing valueable collumn inches on the Prius when they could be devoting it to something else of greater importance. And the WSJ, bastion of the free market, should know that a kind-of-free market such as ours does tend to have the cream rise to the top and the whey goes to the bottom and the buyer determines if they want cream or whey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts