Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Would you purchase a Prius again?"

mrv said:
yes, my husband bought one, so that he wouldn't have to keep stealing mine!
I think you have a VERY intelligent husband!! :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yes I would. It's packaged efficiently, runs efficiently and frankly is all I can ever ask in a car. Of course, it doesn't have the luxury things such as leather, moonroof and power heated front seats with memory but it more than makes up for it in cool high tech toys. If they keep the liftback design, I'll be back for another. It just makes sense and I don't know why it took so long for manufacturers to bring these kind of vehicles over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you buy another Prius?

Tideland Prius said:
Yes I would. It's packaged efficiently, runs efficiently and frankly is all I can ever ask in a car. Of course, it doesn't have the luxury things such as leather, moonroof and power heated front seats with memory but it more than makes up for it in cool high tech toys. If they keep the liftback design, I'll be back for another. It just makes sense and I don't know why it took so long for manufacturers to bring these kind of vehicles over.
I wish I could convince my son to just sit in a Prius but he thinks they are a pile of xhit. And he complains non-stop that he doesn't have any money for gasoline to travel anywhere with his gas-hog Toyota 4Runner V8 4WD! :oops:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Is he paying for his own fuel? If so, then it's his problem. I mean, we all have to make choices, some are good, some are poor. If he wants the power of a V8 and the authority of a 4Runner, then he better make sure that he can cough up the associated expenses.

My dad pays for my fuel and I reward him by striving to drive as efficiently as possible. Heck, even my dad finds it fun to play the efficiency game (although he hasn't quite mastered it yet. He still puts a dent in my mileage whenever he uses it :wink:). He drives an 02 Camry so we can compare fuel costs between his Camry and my Prius. In fact, he was the one who chose the Prius for me and I'm glad he did.

I digress. I guess all you can do is turn a deaf ear. You gave him advice and it's up to him to decide whether to take it or not. I just hope he won't buy a 4Runner hybrid only because it's more powerful :roll:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe I won't

Maybe I won't.

By the time I get in the move to get another car, I don't think I'll look to a Prius. The technology will be that developed by that time, that the advance Prius that you look at today, will be obsolete tomorrow. Other brands and systems will be available that will make look the synergy drive not competitive.

Maybe I won't....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Maybe I won't

rmarchena said:
Maybe I won't.

By the time I get in the move to get another car, I don't think I'll look to a Prius. The technology will be that developed by that time, that the advance Prius that you look at today, will be obsolete tomorrow. Other brands and systems will be available that will make look the synergy drive not competitive.

Maybe I won't....
What "brands and systems" are you suggesting might "be available that will make look the synergy drive not competitive"? Hydrogen technology?Diesel-electric hybrid? In any case, sounds like an interesting future! :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Everything depends on how the car does in 3 or 4 years. With any car, if there are electrical or engine problems, I get nervous and lose confidence in driving it. I'm praying that the excellence I see so far maintains for years to come. If so, I'd gladly buy an updated Prius.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Not from Toyota of Melbourne

But I wouldn't buy any *other* car from there again either...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would you buy another Prius?

melgish said:
Not from Toyota of Melbourne

But I wouldn't buy any *other* car from there again either...
What horror story do you have to relate? :evil:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You know, you're assuming that HSD will be around in 5 years. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. One thing's for sure, it will not be the system we have today. Toyota's not stupid and they're not going to standstill. The RX400h and HiHy already have some updated stuff. So rmarchena, I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe what dzitlow said, that you're referring to alternate sources of fuel such as super clean diesel or biogas? Maybe. It's possible. In any case, we're going to be bombarded with lotsa choices!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
dzitlow said:
Would you buy a Prius again? Why or why not? :?:
Yes.

The list is far too long, so I'll give you my top five reasons:

1) I want to burn less fuel. I'm getting about 47-50 MPG (lifetime 47+).
2) I needed a bigger car. This one is comfortable for me and three friends of my chosing. Usually, I just transport my music junk around and leave the friends at home... :shock: :D
3) I love new technology, and it was time to get something other than a sports car for a change.
4) Toyotas are dependable, last longer, and are cheaper to maintain than GM or Ford cars. And I never ever EVER want to work on any of my cars again. Ever. Did I say never? That too.
5) I despise, disrespect, and lo, even hate cars from "General Morons." Ooooh, who typed that? That's just mean! :roll: Obviously, I'm only referring to the planners and upper managers....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BIF said:
dzitlow said:
Would you buy a Prius again? Why or why not? :?:
Yes.

The list is far too long, so I'll give you my top five reasons:

1) I want to burn less fuel. I'm getting about 47-50 MPG (lifetime 47+).
2) I needed a bigger car. This one is comfortable for me and three friends of my chosing. Usually, I just transport my music junk around and leave the friends at home... :shock: :D
3) I love new technology, and it was time to get something other than a sports car for a change.
4) Toyotas are dependable, last longer, and are cheaper to maintain than GM or Ford cars. And I never ever EVER want to work on any of my cars again. Ever. Did I say never? That too.
5) I despise, disrespect, and lo, even hate cars from "General Morons." Ooooh, who typed that? That's just mean! :roll: Obviously, I'm only referring to the planners and upper managers....
I think your comments underscore why Consumer Reports states that buyer satisfaction with their Prius exceeds that of any other auto by a significant margin! :D

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
There is no question in my mind that I would consider another. I look forward to what the Camry hybrid is going to be, however I have always disliked the Camry. It is such a bland and sterile vehicle. If you get one that is brown with a brown interior it just screams, "I'm nobody, ignore me, I'm only average, continue ignoring me."

I just hope for a few more options, like basic driver and passenger power seats and leather. Aside from that it is nicely packaged. I don't want a moon roof. Just makes the inside hotter during the summer, even with that little shade closed and will be prone to leaking years down the road.

I realize that the Prius is a proof-of-concept production vehicle. And, boy has it been a proof-of-concept. Now it is up to Toyota to put it in packages at prices that will reach out to the unwashed masses.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will certainly never buy another gas only car. In fact this may be my last car. (2005 silver, #6)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts