Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another Prius forum, but have yet to recieve any responses. Thought I'd give it a shot here:

There was a site that had some information about the compatability of various phones with the prius.

http://www.prius-forum.org/tech/bluetoo ... bility.htm

But it seems like it's outdated now (plus it's been down for a few days. check the Google cache.) It would be great if we could get people with working BT phones to sound off in here -- tell us exactly which functions do and don't work with the Prius for your particular phone.

Maybe state your phone model, then tell us about:

1-Set up difficulty.

2-Speed connecting with car.

3-Sound quality.

4-Transfer of the phone book.

5-Ability to display signal strength/roaming/caller id/etc.

6-Does the prius RING for incoming calls.

7-Transfer from phone to car/car to phone on already established calls.

Then we could have an updated list of answers for all the various Bluetooth phone posts that seem to show up frequently.

Anyone want to start the ball rolling..?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Motorola V710

Look around this site on previous pages. There is quite a bit of info.

Several weeks ago I posted that I had just purchased my Motorola V710 from Verizon...$410 worth.

I quickly found out that this phone had features that were "turned off" and would not be reactivated. One disabled feature was the ability to send the phone book from the phone to the Prius.

I returned the phone. Verizon has a 14 day return policy.

I had another problem with the phone. On severl occasions the phone would not ring on an incoming call but the notice of a left message would come through.

I think Verizon will lose their rear ends on this one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it would be great to have the info in one place, especially as the BT phones keep changing and new ones are coming out all the time. I, for example, was interested in the new HP6315 until I found out (on a different site) that it isn't fully Prius-compatible.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bluetooth

You may want to go to the Home page of PriusOnline and email a moderator to see if "Bluetooth" could be added along with "General" and "Technical".

Did you run "bluetooth" in the search engine at the top of this page and check for threads?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Motorola V710

Motorola V710

Set up difficulty: Easy

Speed to connect with car: Unknown

Transfer of Phone Book: Not Possible

Prius will display: Signal, Home/Roaming

Caller ID: Unknown

Incomming call rings: Through the car

Transfer call from phone to car: Unknown

Transfer call from car to the phone: Unknown

Additional Comments: This phone will misses calls but will advise you AFTER a message has been left. A lot good that does. This phone is not worth $410. I returned it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I returned my V710 today as well. What a piece of junk. Thinking about trying TMobile with an Ericson T610 or Nokia 3660 to use in my car, but keep the LG4500 for when I need the coverage. Not sure the feature of the car is worth an extra $20 a month...

Verizons coverage is so so good, but their phones are so so bad.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
webertim said:
Can anyone say whether or not they have any trouble with the Sony Ericsson T637 or the Motorola V600?
I just ordered a T637, and it should be here tomorrow. I expect on Wednesday, I'll know if I like it or not.

·
Registered
425 Posts
BluepointVance said:
There was a site that had some information about the compatability of various phones with the prius.

But it seems like it's outdated now (plus it's been down for a few days. check the Google cache.)
This was my site. I removed it due to lack of interest and comments such as "why did you start yet another Prius forum"

Oh, and just so this post stays on topic ;) I have a nokia 6600 and it works fine. Only the home or roaming network indicator stays on home all the time. But theres no indicator for this on the phone either as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BluepointVance T637

I spoke with tech support at Sony-Ericsson, and they said that you should be able to upload your entire phonebook via Bluetooth, just like you can with the T616. They said it was essentially the same phone.

Could you try again, because I can't find a T616.

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I can upload whole phone books with my T637.

In fact, I used the IR port to transfer my outlook contacts from my pda to the phone, and then used bluetooth to go from the phone to the car...

Thank the lord for 'delete all'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

I've updated the BT compatability chart with the HP H6315.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bluepointvan ... /Chart.htm

Victor said:
BluepointVance said:
I posted this on another Prius forum, but have yet to recieve any responses. Thought I'd give it a shot here:

Hey Victor, would you mind if I put this chart up on my site -- you know for completeness sake?? :wink:

BluepointVance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know of a reason why for 3 weeks my T610 worked perfectly, rung through the car etc and now refuses to ring through the car. Toyota engineer says it's not compatible sir. But it worked for 3 weeks from when I got the car new, what happened, did it realise???
:(

(2004 model UK T-Spirit, owned from new on 1st September)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts