Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a wood trim for the 2004 prius on e bay. the car was for sale with a wood trim inside. Does anyone know where you can buy the wood trim It looked sharp and dressed up the inside Help me find it thanks

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Personally, I dislike wood trim in cars. I think it always looks fake and contrived. It's a personal-preference thing, I suppose.

I guess it depends on where it attaches. Confirm that it doesn't impede the airbags.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My grandfather made and installed wood parts on the Model T. He was a carpenter and cabinet maker by trade. I therefore support real wood in cars!! He ended up selling cars to Pols in Detroit because in those days men working on the line could sell cars. Actually he started work before there was an assembly line. Old Henry told my grandfather that he was making more money selling than working on the line. He opened a "dealership" until the depression when he went out of business and moved out of the city to a farm for the duration of that little set back in the American economy.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wow, what a great story, Henry.

PS, congrats on your car. Enjoy your trip, and catch us all a lunker in your grandfather's memory!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wood trim.

Go to superiordash.com. They have the wood trim for Prius. Click on photos. It is quite comprehensive and covers the sides of the radio console, the top of the MFD, all the window switches, front and back, and a bit of the cupholder!! It apparently just sticks on as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wood grain trim sucks whilst brushed steel is good. Not that the Prius has brushed steel, it's more of a dull plasticky surface that get scuffed way too easily.

·
Registered
215 Posts
BIF said:
Personally, I dislike wood trim in cars. I think it always looks fake and contrived. It's a personal-preference thing, I suppose.
Amen BIF-ster!
And I went to the link and it in my opinion just looks awful. You already have tan seats, grey accents around the MFD and the burgundy-ish accents on the glovebox strip... WHY in god's name do you need a FOURTH pattern/texture in your car when the first 3 already make no sense! Now, brushed steel as someone else mentioned... I'm salivating as I type this...

BTW, I have the grey interior. I wouldn't personally recommend a brushed steel with the tan interior... Just my opinion

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think that looks kinda nice. But why don't they give prices on the web site??? I'm always a bit leary of sites that don't give all the info up front (e.g. sites where you have to give a credit card number before they'll tell you the S&H costs!) Plus I know I would get it on crooked. ... Then, it's an aplique, so I wonder if it's eventually going to peel off and leave half the glue permanently on the plastic.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The stick ons are the cheap way to go. They will last for 3+ years but eventually peel and crack.

This place will coat any piece you send them http://www.phoenix-image.com/

It is a bit more expensive, but they will actually dip the part so it is bonded to the material. They can do just about any part that you can remove from your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts