Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a wombat last night , Prius took it well, lucky the air bags did not go off and only a slight crease in Prius' lower lip. Am very happy with the car. As you can guess I live in country Australia and use the car for country business travel. I replaced a 2004 Ford 4.1 Ltr Wagon (11.5Lt / 100K) with a new 2005 Prius. (5.1 Lt / 100K). could not be happier. I have been watching the site for a while now and notice the comments on handling, tyres, A/C and economy, ride and seats. Australian cars are fitted with Michelin Green Energy X tyres. These are good for our conditions and provide a firm ride and handling. (not proud but got my first speeding fine 1 week after delivery).I agree completly with comments about the seats, you would think Toyota would get it right but we run Camrys also and the seats are the same, flat and hard with no thigh support. About the Wombat, they are tough, similar to a small boar in size and muscle mass. I hit one once with a ford capri and bent the subframe almost to wright off status.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Poor wombat. Glad your car is all right. My husband and I had a trip of a lifetime in Australia a couple years ago--pre Prius. We never saw a wombat but loved the kangaroos and koalas.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Now in Minnesota when we hit a deer, if it's not too badly mashed, it ends up as freezer food. Will there be a wombat barbeque? :wink:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Say "no". It'll taste like chicken anyway.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Chicken, of course. Apparently served in Peru, Australia, and Puerto Rico. Ours, of course, is a cutie, though he eats like a pig! Also enjoys his rides in my Prius on the way to the vet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts