Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of interesting things on the way to work today:

a) A non-hybrid Civic with CA HOV stickers!

b) A Prius parked in the front spot at the front office of the ConocoPhilips refinery near the LA harbor!!

c) A giant ape swatting down airplanes from atop a downtown skyscraper!!!

OK, so maybe I didn't see all of those things on the way to work...

·
Registered
370 Posts
wstander said:
Could it have been a natural gas Civic?
The CNG Civics have white stickers with blue letters.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I believe that GX is the trim grade for the CNG Civic. Yes, no?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Or someone, just borrowed the stickers off with out permission from its HOV lane permit holder owner's car !

·
Registered
736 Posts
Wish I had my camera

evaunit6 said:
wstander said:
Nope, just a plain old Civic like the one I had 7 years ago...
If was actually an older model, my theory wouldn't work, but how about maybe the owner removed, lost or had stolen from the car the "Hybrid" badge? They are just glued on, and who knows what reasons he/she may have had for taking it off. Usually when I have seen badge removal or changing, it is by someone trying to make the car look like something it isn't, such as turning a Mercedes S430 into an S500 or S600. On the other hand, if it was a non-hybrid, the driver is going to get really nailed if a sharpeyed CHP officer spots it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: Wish I had my camera

Roger V said:
evaunit6 said:
wstander said:
Nope, just a plain old Civic like the one I had 7 years ago...
If was actually an older model, my theory wouldn't work, but how about maybe the owner removed, lost or had stolen from the car the "Hybrid" badge? .

Hmm, I should have noted this....

When I bought my new 2004 HCH, it had NO badges, not even a CIVIC badge...no HYBRID badge either. In fact, it had only the stylized H and did not even say Honda any where on the outside.

It was a 5spd manual with silver-blue paint color. BTW: you can tell hybrid civic from 'normal' is that the hybrid radio antenna is a mast emanating from the center of the front of the roof; 'normals' have only the embedded windshield antenna...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts