Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my sad duty to report that my lovely little car ... which is ONLY two months old ... has gotten clobbered ... AGAIN!! Parked out on the street in front of my apartment, someone clipped the driver side wing mirror and broke the thing completely off the mount. There was no note .... no claims of responsbility (just like last time, when the front fender was dented).

So anyway, now my wing mirror is hanging by the wire inside for the heater element and positioning motors. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knows how to unplug this cable so I can completely remove the wing mirror in order to drive the thing to the shop.

Thanks,
Snowdall

·
Registered
581 Posts
In that you will have to replace the entire mirror, I would just cut the wires for safety sake and then go to the dealer...no sense messing up the interior if you are not comfortable with removing speakers and panels.

my $1.298, adjusted for inflation.

Walt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went ahead and drove it to the bodyshop with it just hanging. It didn't flap in the breeze too much. At the shop they taped in place while they wait for the new part to arrive ... so now I look like I drive this lovely white-trash-mobile with the mirror duct-taped into place. At least it's getting fixed on Monday. Just so everyone will know .... this is a $320 repair (file that away for when someone inconsiderate hurts your poor car).

As a side note .... we do have an assigned parking place ... and that's where my wife's BWM 325i lives :)

Thanks for all the replies all ... even though I didn't get a chance to try them in time I will remember them for future reference.

Snowdall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.