Toyota Prius Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
My advice is to tint your eyes instead of your windshield. Find a good pair of sunglasses that wrap around.
That would be perfect if the sunglasses would also help keep the interior cooler when parked and help defend against fabric deterioration from the sun...the main reasons I tinted mine...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi, Windsurf:

You may have misunderstood me. I meant "windshield," the frontal glass only, should not be tinted or you run the risk of getting a ticket and maybe even a court order to remove your tint at your own cost. I did not intend to say or imply that you shouldn't consider tinting your side and back windows (as I have done).

If you use a sunshade for the front windshield, you can prevent fading and reduce internal heat.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather just keep it (the front windshield) legal. I just don't have the time to get pulled over and explain myself to a cop or later, a judge. I've got too much other stuff I need to do!

Hence, my suggestion for sunglasses. I wasn't being flip; honest!

Have a great day!

·
Registered
77 Posts
BIF,

Sorry for the misinterpretation.
I got the strip across the top of the windshield and it does help in the same way that the tinted area that came standard on my Dakota helped. I don't think I'll have any FHP problems with that here in FL. It was worth the extra $10 and I endorse it....

BTW, I always enjoy your posts........

41 - 43 of 43 Posts