Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: I just upgraded to a Verizon Bluetooth LG-VX8100 and haven't tried to link with my Prius.

Anyone out there managed to make this link?

THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it will (but there is a catch)

I was a former Verizon member until we bought our Prius. Unfortunately Verizon uses an OS on their phones that does not allow you to use all the functions of the BT system. We could connect and call using the BT system and our LG phone with Verizon, however, it won't auto syncs your phonebook. Considering I paid so much for the features on this car I wanted to use them. We ended up going with Cingular and bought a phone that does all the features the car will allow. I bought the SE W600i from the Toyota affiliated site Talkfreeamerica.com. With the rebates they offered it was free. I believe T-mobile's service allows you to use all the BT functions. I called Verizon's customer service to file a complaint. They said they did not have any plans to switch their firmware or OS any time soon. So, I made the jump. So far, my wife and I are happy with our service and although contrary to most opinions I read online... I actually get better reception in my area and have not had any problems. I had no complaints with Verizon other than the lack of features. You can manually input all you telephone numbers into the car, but why do it if you don't have to? I just push a sync button and the phone does it automatically if I have any phonebook changes. Take care.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Yes it will (but there is a catch)

Sephven7 said:
You can manually input all you telephone numbers into the car, but why do it if you don't have to?
I believe this is only available on the 2006 model. I WISH I could do this on my 2005. I'm still working on getting BT working from my laptop so I can populate the car phonebook. Verizon is very annoying. :x

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: Yes it will (but there is a catch)

jwygal said:
Verizon is very annoying. :x
True, but to quote Verizon's commercials, "It's the network." I'm annoyed about the poorly implemented BT features on my Verizon phone, but their network in my area is vastly superior to other services, ESPECIALLY Cingular. So with Verizon I shall stay.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I wonder how current the study is that backs up Verizon's claim. In the last year service quality (garbled, dropped, uncompleted calls) has worsened many times over. Maybe they are using old data in their ads?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dunno about any study - It's just been my personal experience that my V service has been pretty bulletproof at home as well as on vacation in various locales around the country. When I used to have Cingular, the local signal coverage was terrible, and whenever I called a friend with Sprint, she was always dropping in and out (even when I called from a landline, so the problem wasn't on my end.)

Your mileage may vary - I'm just stating my personal experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It works.

Since I haven't seen anyone post a yes or no answer (or I missed it if they did) yes, the VX8100 works with the Prius BT. So does the VX9800. It isn't the clearest I've ever heard, but it's better than holding the phone.

Bests,

Spinn~

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have that exact same phone and a 2006 prius package 6. The phone works fine in my car. Never fails to connect up and can hear the other person loud and clear.

I never tried to just download my phonebook. I heard you could not do it with verizion because verizion crippled part of bluetooth to prevent from stealing software or music.... if i remember correctly. I think it was Dan that said something like that, so if I was wrong there Dan can correct me.

I put all mine in maually and didnt even try to download for more than the reason of hearing it didnt work. I just simply wanted to play with my new toy. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts