Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No it will not.

It was 93 degrees today. Wife had to be driven to the Mall. She went in, I left the car on and the AC on high. Battery went to two bars and the gas motor went on--battery went to three bars. I sat in the car for over forty five minutes with the battery going up and down between two and three bars.

The battery did not discharge even though the AC was on high or Max cold all the time.

Love this car.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ran the A/C for about 30 minutes here in Houston, while the car was parked and it brought the battery down to the "purple" zone, like you described. The engine kicked in every couple of minutes to raise the battery level.

Those darn audio books are addictive!

arizona charlie said:
No it will not.

It was 93 degrees today. Wife had to be driven to the Mall. She went in, I left the car on and the AC on high. Battery went to two bars and the gas motor went on--battery went to three bars. I sat in the car for over forty five minutes with the battery going up and down between two and three bars.

The battery did not discharge even though the AC was on high or Max cold all the time.

Love this car.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yeah, and the same thing happened to me while I was playing with my NAV in the parking lot yesterday. It was just too hot, so I turned the AC on to some low-medium setting just so I wouldn't melt!

Anyhow, last weekend, I had stayed with some nice folks in Pensacola, and wanted to send them a fruit basket. Well, I only had their address in my NAV system, not written anywhere else. I hadn't saved it as a "saved address", so I had to figure out how to retrieve the waypoint. It took awhile, but I was eventually able to get it and call "1800-flowers".

The car had cycled on and off about 4 times during my fiddling. The battery was at 2 pink bars when I finally got underway, but within a half-mile or so, the battery showed half-full (on the MFD). So it appears to charge up pretty quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts