Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
wstander said:
If he fires one, I fire one.....

"FIRE ONE...."

Points if you guess the movie and the name of the sonar operator?
The Beford Incident.

Wally Cox?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
wstander said:
Ayuup.

"The Bedford Incident"

Recall the reporter or the ship's captain?
I know Sidney Portier was in it... the captain as I recall. Or was Richard Widmark the captain? It's a long time ago. I do remember Wally Cox, who we all know was...UNDERDOG!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reserves

With over 3 trillion barrels of conventional to play with, no. Because over 75% of it is locked up in OPEC countries, and they decide what they do with it, when they do it. If we were at war for oil then we should be at war with Azerbaijan, Venezuela, Kazakhstan, Canada, and Iran by now. But were not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well unitl we elcted that idiot Bush we used our military was used to secure resouses that we needed, and in future you can bet we'll do it again..... I mean we have our own oil rich country (IRAQ) occupied and gas is over $4 and raiseing..... is it stupidity, or dare I say it treason!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Hey TEEJ! I was just wondering about you the other day. Where have you been hiding?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
hyperion said:
As far as running out of resources, there was an article in todays papers about 3/4's of the world being "under water" and this area loaded with oil they haven't even thought of getting to yet!
Yeah, burn more oil. Good plan. :roll: Then when 4/5's of the world is under water...

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Not exactly if you update the "tech" to burn it more cleanly! If you can come up with a power transfer unit in the prius, you can do anything! Prior to "OPEC," the world got "hooked" on oil because it was cheap and cleaner than anything else.
Take it out of the Atlantic instead of the middle east and you now have something to work on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I say if we run outta resourses in a system of 8 other planets "in Reach!", and a large already splitup planet "the asteroid belt", and a large free fusion reactor less than 10 ligt min away, all that in reach and we decide to curl up and die at the bottom of a miserable 980cm gravity well................. I say the universe is better off without us were just too pathetic... :evil:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Frizzycat666 said:
I say if we run outta resourses in a system of 8 other planets "in Reach!", and a large already splitup planet "the asteroid belt", and a large free fusion reactor less than 10 ligt min away, all that in reach and we decide to curl up and die at the bottom of a miserable 980cm gravity well................. I say the universe is better off without us were just too pathetic... :evil:
Who feeds the cat if we're gone? Let's persist for her sake.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts