Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Mine does. Treck hybrid bike. I don't need to take wheel off or anything.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ha, yes, two even! i put my diamondback and hubby's gt in the back area at the same time! mine's a medium and his is a large.

now getting it in there without scraping anything is the tricky part. mine was much easier because it's aluminum.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sanny said:
Treck hybrid bike.
NO WAY!!! A Hybrid inside a Hybrid. :lol: Must get awesome gas mileage! ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Mine goes in with the wheel on, but much easier with the wheel off. I throw a blanket down to protect the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
will a bike fit when the rear seats are folded down

The day I bought my Prius I had taken my bike to work on the subway in LA. The dealer that had my model at base price was along the same line. I rode my Trek hybrid into the dealership, bought the car, took off one wheel and put the bike in the back to drive it home!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took my Trek Y-Foil (a road bike) on vacation with me a month ago. I put the bike in the back and it worked out very well. Here is how I did it: First, I removed the sliding cover from behind the rear seats.
I took off the front and back wheels. I put a chain keeper where the back wheel was (you can get these at bike shops) to keep the chain tight. I took off both pedals the first few times but I found that the bike travels as well with just removing the left pedal. I put down the right-side passenger seat and slid the bike in, front first. I then covered the bike with a picnic table cover to keep the bike paint from being scratched by the wheels, which were laid on top of the bike. There was still enough clearance to re attach the sliding cover and then pulling the cover to cover up the bike.

If you have lots of luggage or more than two people in the car this will not work very well. But I liked it, the bike was secure and stayed cleaner that it would have if I had used some sort of hitch or roof rack.

Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 60cm Trek road bike fits great with the wheels on (see picture). We recently went on vacation with two bikes (one 59cm and one 52cm). By taking off the wheels, pedals, and saddles, which is very easy to do, they fit nicely on top of the folded down rear seat backs, one on top of the other with a quilt in between for protection, with wheels stacked on top. That left the entire regular luggage area plus the floor behind the front seats for the rest of our stuff, which was plenty of space. To keep grease off of the interior, I put a plastic garbage bag (tall kitchen size) over the rear derallieur, chain, and front chainwheel/crank, plus I put a drop cloth on top of the interior before loading. It all works great.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts