Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 04 Prius and so does a friend of mine. She came back from a vacation and had to have her car jumped. She said that the dealer said that it is mentioned in the manual. Does anyone know anything about this?

Todd

·
Registered
515 Posts
> I have a 04 Prius

Then there shouldn't be any concern about the 12-volt auxillary battery (and there never is about the big battery-pack)... as long as the temperature isn't around 0 F degrees that entire time... and you remember to disable SE/SS.

The battery in the 2004 is bigger than in the classic. That really helps.

The catch is the SE/SS sensor is a new drain on that 12-volt auxillary battery. But no one has any real experience with that yet. So sometime before you leave, make sure to press the disable button on the dashboard underneath the steering-wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I left the car for 1.5 weeks and had no trouble starting when I got back. I disabled smart entry, and made sure the headlight switch was in the off position before leaving.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you have Smart Start/Smart Entry disable it as John described above and make sure your headlights are switched off--before you power the car down--and all should be fine. I've left mine sitting for several days at a time with no problems.
Moo :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts