Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Danny and other PriusOnline mavens have clearly stated that it is unacceptable for Prius dealers to advertise in the Prius General section of PriusOnline. If a car dealer wants promote himself or his dealership there is a place here to do it. Mr Hirose always includes in his posts the following:

" mail: [email protected]

C.Rickey Hirose, The Hybrid Ambassador.
(510) 252-5420 B. or (925) 699-6450 Cell."

Several weeks ago I wrote a Private email to Hirose explaining that it was not appropriate to include blatant advertising in his posts. Apparently, he ignored my suggestion that he either advertise in the dealer section or remove the Hybrid Ambassador' c**p when posting in the General section.

--Please make Hirose clear about the aforementioned policy.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The truth to be known

Victor wrote:
Im just a member of this BBS, but as there is a dealers section I would assume its ok.

Hello Victor. Thanks but when I posted this questionaire, the site was
in the middle of beeing repaired. now it seems normal so my list is at the proper forum.

The Prius are here already, The HH soon to arrive

These were then....

Arizona Charlie. May be you are not aware that week a go this site
was "Hijacked' and all its info/feature were deleted by the vandal.

Pete has opened a "provisional" post link while repair took place.
and he stated to use it while provisional and that _included_ us the dealers
You should have visited this forum then and you became aware.

So pass your judgment on after you know what was going on . I did not
read or seen your post to the fact that this site was down. Many people
came to offer help to re-store this great PriusOnline but none from you.

Perhaps you are just _user_ not a contributor. Talking of dealer adverts.
You were advertising Prius for sale for another dealership. was that OK in
non dealer section ?
Agitator perhaps ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: Why isn't this dealer advertising in the dealer sectiom

arizona charlie said:
Danny and other PriusOnline mavens have clearly stated that it is unacceptable for Prius dealers to advertise in the Prius General section of PriusOnline. If a car dealer wants promote himself or his dealership there is a place here to do it. Mr Hirose always includes in his posts the following:
I am one of the people that does have a problem with advertising stuck in the non-sales areas of the site. But I don't have any problem with someone having a sig that indicates that they are a dealer, or offer something for us. So long as they are making legitimate posts, let them mention their affiliation.

It's the same with Dave from Coastal EV. He has a sales contact in his sig. I find it valuable to know when a salesperson is commenting.

In short "Hey! Buy my crap!" is bad. "You are absolutly right, you don't have to plug in the Prius. By the way, I have some in stock." is ok.

Just my never humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
SkipHuffman said:
"You are absolutly right, you don't have to plug in the Prius. By the way, I have some in stock."
Personally I'm against even this. To me it's kind of like like listening to the on-hold message when you call the road runner tech support line. While you wait for over an hour, every 3 minutes a recording tells you how great their tech support is. And in between they try to sell you road runner service.

As for signatures: I'm guiltiy of my own self-promotion for the March Of Dimes (look, I did it again), so I might be missing a leg to stand on, but I think mentioning inventory in a signature is going a bit too far. A good guideline (not a rule, but a guideline) to follow might be "if it's on your business card, it's ok" Obviously current inventory, prices, etc wouldn't be on a business card, unless of course you work for a business card company :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree POC info in the sig is OK, as long as he is not posting prices or inventory available. From Hirose's posts I assume he owns a Prius also so I see nothing wrong with dealer that is an enthusiast. I sometimes question dealers that do not drive their cars. I almost did not get a Prius as the Toyota dealer I went up to had a bunch of F150s and F250s in their employee parking lot. :p

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Clearing things

Hello to all Prius wowners and enthsiast !

I have been dessiminating Prius matter but contributing very little and adverts ( many ) as well.
I have been doing the Prius thing since Gen II
2000~2001 The "Classic days" Met hundreads of early "Plungers" that to whom we owe the
proliferation of the Hybrid world wide acceptance and thanks to them for motivating Toyota to go ahead and to move to phase II
The HSD and more advanced tech Hybrid coming out of Toyota Corp.

I have written in response to " Arizona Charlie's " opinion and trying to clarify my situation here. About a couple of weeks a go when the disaster
struck to this "wholy" forum and everything were down, Pete was working
feverishly working to repair-reload the contents lost.He opened a post place
( temporary) for PriusOnline poster to use and logged as _Use this section_ to post. I did not post adverts but asked if was OK for me to post.
If you people has seen my signature, sorry about that. Please read "Victor's" post to my question. There you can see that I did not post
adverts to then "temporary" posting section. As a respect to others but just questioned to the group.

Toyota Hybrid vehicles will rule the Personal transportation sceanery in the not-so distant future !

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) I have learned to respect Ricky Hirose postings (even though he IS a dealer). Some dealers can be a great source of helpful information.

The ones that irritate me are those dealers who ignore the forum rules of etiquette and blatantly post in the wrong section -AND- particularly those who post their political agenda in the discussion and information forums.

All in all.. PriusOnline is and has been a terrific source of information on the remarkable Prius.

THANKS

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks for the advise ! Will comlpy for ever...

ChasSuitt said:
:) I have learned to respect Ricky Hirose postings (even though he IS a dealer). Some dealers can be a great source of helpful information.

The ones that irritate me are those dealers who ignore the forum rules of etiquette and blatantly post in the wrong section -AND- particularly those who post their political agenda in the discussion and information forums.

All in all.. PriusOnline is and has been a terrific source of information on the remarkable Prius.

THANKS
Hello ChasSuitt many thanks for your amicable comment. I have a cat very similar to your beautiful cat, Mine is a "chinchilla" is it how it is spelled.? Also have few doggies, they are "Keeshound" from Holland.

Toyota Hybrid vehicles for whom loves this planet called Earth !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts