Toyota Prius Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
ehurtley said:
michaelsteiner1 said:
I think I also wanted to see if Prius owners are as self-righteous as rumored. I'm working on that answer.
I actually considered printing a bumper sticker that reads "This car powered by my own self-righteousness" as a joke.
If you do, I want one!! :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Re: speaking of Ford

widmerpool said:
from the Ford Escape Hybrid website

"The Environment has long been a part of the Ford philosophy."

That's enough to make a cat laugh.
Cats laugh all the time. Mostly at us. Now, if you had said a dog... dogs have no sense of humor at all. Tell a dog a good joke and he'll just sit there making goggle eyes at you. I once told a dog the joke about the nun that goes into the bar with a chicken on one hand and Bluebeard's parrot on the other, and the dog just didn't get it

·
Registered
54 Posts
A clarification(?) of focus

FIXIT,

I'm a simpleton, and am unable to follow your post. Are you complaining about the Focus, the Prius, or both? I really couldn't tell. If you had a problem, can you describe it with smaller words and be more precise?
In retrospect, I can see how my message could lead to a loss of focus - (no pun intended) And, thank you for your gracious segway into expressing your confusion. The initial subject matter of this overall thread was, I believe, was the Ford focus and some degree of comparison to the Prius in cost, reliability, performance, mileage. I was attempting to state that when I bought my Prius, the Ford focus was in a short list of cars to purchase. It was placed on the short list (of two: Prius and Focus) by wife wife. And, since we were not hurting for a car, it took a bit of navigating for me to eventually prevail at buying a new car in the first place and the relatively more expensive Prius over my wife taking to the Ford.

Intertwined in my posted message was a short listing of the unfortunate series of problems that I have faced with my Prius and the increasingly frustrating and stressfuly situation that ensued as we were seeking to have the problems attended. These problems go back to mid to late 2002. I eventually felt that they were trying to sweep the issues under the carpet. These problems are now materializing to the classic owners as predicted. If you look at my message threads and that of treading, you will see that this is the case since the middle of last year.

I am a bit technically inclined and do take to the hybrid technolory. So, while I "too" was very much in love with my Prius, I am just no longer so naieve to think that that Toyota is truly treating/treated the customers - with that model car- squarely, and want to make those now possibly undergoing a similar situation hopefully more informed for their benefit. Notice that some warranties have been notable extended to a "select series". I believekeeping the issues ripe have contributed towards this. However, some who have not encountered those situations yet seem to find the situations mentioned a bit increadable. That too is understandable for we have all been smitten by this particular Hybrid vehicle. I am STILL a bit smug with the Hybrid nameplate on my new vehicle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Okay, I see your point. I think it's good that you offer your experience so that others who have not made their decision on which car to take don't go in thinking the Prius is worry free.

I'll be honest with you; I was concerned with all the advancement in technology in this car and all the possible things that could go wrong. Couple that with the limited number of people who can work on the car and it sounded like a risk. But I wanted the car so bad, I decided to ignore the risks and hope that Toyota would appropriately deal with any problems. It sounds like you did not have that kind of luck.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts