Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

I have a question... :)

How many computers are there bundled in a Prius?

I've heard of four, but I don't think that's enough, for what all is going on...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
The.Tramp said:
Hello Everybody!

I have a question... :)

How many computers are there bundled in a Prius?

I've heard of four, but I don't think that's enough, for what all is going on...
Depends on what options you have installed... (for example, if you have Navigation you have the Navigation ECU, if you have SE&SS/SKS you have the Smart ECU, etc.)

Classic Prius is about a dozen, 2004 Prius is closer to ~20.

I used to have a list of known ECUs, but I can't find it at the moment...

off the top of my head are the security ECU, body ECU, HV ECU, battery ECU, ECM, Navigation, Smart, VSC, ... I know I'm forgetting many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrv said:
Depends on what options you have installed... (for example, if you have Navigation you have the Navigation ECU, if you have SE&SS/SKS you have the Smart ECU, etc.)
Ehm, my (future) Prius is the most complete, it has pratically everything.

Classic Prius is about a dozen, 2004 Prius is closer to ~20.

I used to have a list of known ECUs, but I can't find it at the moment...
Pity.... Can I think that you are looking for it? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Lemme tell you, Michelle usually has every link to every subject at her fingertips, I'm shocked she didn't have that handy!

I'm betting she'll have it for you soon. I have no idea how she keeps her various links and info so organized...I've got about 400 Prius links, completely unorganized.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
efusco said:
Lemme tell you, Michelle usually has every link to every subject at her fingertips, I'm shocked she didn't have that handy!

I'm betting she'll have it for you soon. I have no idea how she keeps her various links and info so organized...I've got about 400 Prius links, completely unorganized.
nothing really organized, I just usually search through my email archive for what I can remember about the post I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I can't pick the right search terms to find this, or else it is hiding here on priusonline somewhere (or got eaten with the db crash)... 8(

meanwhile, unless you have a loaded Japanese Prius, you'll be missing some possible ECUs, like the IPA (Integrated Parking Assist)...


Wow, thought of another search term today, and I just found it...
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri ... 5?simple=1
with a link to
http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtop ... =3061#3061
shows 15-16 ECUs for the 2004 US Prius.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,161 Posts
I believe he missed a couple. The JBL amp could be considered an ECU on the AVCLan (it has its own device ID),

And the Yaw sensor and steering angle sensors are labeled as sensors, but are devices on the CAN bus.
 

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top