Toyota Prius Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
For a huge number of suggestions for "getting the word out", check out John's Prius page ( http://john1701a.com ). He's come up with a ton of ways to get noticed and get information out when he is noticed.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
As Robert pointed out, John has a lot of great stuff for educating the public about the Prius. I think that supply is partly responsible for the lack of education. Usually it is the manufacturer and dealers that sell the products (advertise, inform) the public, but for this car it seems to be the owners.

I think that Toyota is taking a cautious approach because there are so many new technologies. They'd be in a real bind if they produced 200,000 cars a year then had to do a major recall. With 30,000 - 50,000 cars they won't be financially killed if a significant issue must be addressed. Look
at what has happened to Ford recently - a series of major problems have come back to hurt them (financially) badly. When production is low, you
don't need to work at getting the public informed about your product,
so they're not so informed.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi all!

I'm here too.

I've been keeping quiet to allow others to chime in first. My profession is actually to create & improve interfaces exactly like this. So as you could imagine, I can provide upgrade suggestions to even the best applications. And no, that has nothing to do with job security. ;)

This forum has a lot of potential. I'm quite impressed; however, it's not so overwhelming that people will abandon the other groups... yet. Just like other Prius stuff, waiting is involved. Given proper time, the interface here will be great. So (Jeff) how do you want the suggestions? Users send a slew of wish-list ideas to me all the time. It takes awhile to sort through all that information. And the realities of life make it quite clear that there's never enough programming time. (Thank goodness driving to & from work is a such a pleasant activity now.)

Anywho, best of luck here.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There is a comments section that has a thread devoted to suggestions and requests. I am trying to make some improvements and am running into time issues allready. I am a senior CIS student and between classes and job hunting don't have nearly the time I would like to write code, but I will try to get to as many changes as I can. My current project is to integrate this board with a mailing list, I have outgoing working at this time and hopefully will have incomming mail working soon.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Count me in- one month old blue pearl - what a car. Love it- it's been a long time since we've just gone driving for the driving experience. Has anyone else noticed that the Prius seems to have a red light override? I like to stop at a signal and sense the complete silence, but it seems the signals always turn green just before I get there! Drat! My other vehicles hit every red light in town.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nice site, easy to use.

2002 Blue PRi, ave 49.2 mpg the last 3 tanks. any comments on arm rest?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
bought mine last month in savannah, ga. green, CD player.

Anyone love (or hate) their NAV system? know where i can get an aftermarket NAV?

Chip Cotton
savannah, Georgia

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ordered my 2002 Silver Stratus June 14, 2001 & got delivery Dec. 14, 2001. It's a great car and so far no problems. As of today I have accumulated 3,110 miles on 68.810 gallons for a total average of 45.1969 MPG, for a total cost of $ 76.00.
Used 89 octane on the first 2 tanks and after reading message boards switched to regular 87 octane, which definitely increased the milage and car runs better. Jeff, This message board is great compared to the yahoo board, and I sure appreciate being able to use it without all those pop up ads!

best regards,
Don Good, Ephrata PA

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm here, Burns Fisher.

'Lux (Electrolux, electric, luxurious, sucks up the dirt...sort of) arrived on Halloween 2001 after being order on May 31 and upgraded to 2002 on June 1.

I really like that all the messages from a thread are visible on the same page. Nice job of forum software!

On the other hand, I'm not sure yet if I like the tree format with multiple levels of reply (i.e. replying to a reply is different from replying to the initial thread entry). I suspect many will read through the thread and then reply to the last one, making the hierarchical distinction almost meaningless. Time will tell.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey John Scarbrough,
Jim Yockey here. I also live in St Pete and would really like to talk to you about your new Prius. Will be ordering one soon and would like to know what dealership you used. Took a great test drive from the dealership in Bradenton. The navigation system impressed me! An unexpected option.
Have you taken your car over the Skyway Bridge on a windy day???? How is the AC? If you could get back to me I would really appreciate it.
Best regards,
Jim Yockey

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Mark Andre here, of Fort Collins Colo.

We have a Blue Moon Pearl picked up in January of this year, but we
had the #2 Prius in N. Colorado ordered back in summer 2000 which
went to my mother-in-law, as my family and I relocated to Bangkok
two days before the dealer delivered the car! I saw my first Prius
in 1998, and my first hybrid Estima last November, both in Tokyo.

My kids are big fans of Pikachu (the Pokemon, that is) and want to ask
Robert (NJ-Pikachu) how his car was named such? VW did a couple of
New Beetles in Pikachu treatment (they were later sold on eBay I believe)
and wonder if Robert is contemplating similar paintwork for his Prius?

Anyway, we all love our Prius, and send appreciation to Jeff for setting
this site up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi Mark,
Welcome to Prius Online, glad you finally get to keep a Prius!

I answered your Pikachu question in a new thread (Naming Prius) since this thread already takes a long time to download.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi gang! I have been here from the beginning, and also on Yahoo. We got our Blue Moon Pearl on November 15, 2001 after 5 1/2 months of waiting. We are very happy with it. Just got back from a 2800-mile trip from Denver through parts of New Mexico and Arizona to Phoenix, then back on the interstates. Average was 46.86 mpg, but what we liked most about the car was the way it performs in mountains--that "continuously variable transmission" (see Graham's site) is fantastic.
We just passed 5000 miles and no problems. I gave out about 20 of John's sheets on the trip and had to make more copies.
Thanks for this great site, which is getting better all the time.
--Bill Eichelberger

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hey there - sorry to take so long to respond, but I was out of town until the 26th.
I'd be more than happy to talk with you all about the car.
It's kind of a long story about my purchase, but I'd be really pleased to share.
Essentially - extremely pleased! Skyway bridge is no problem, for sure.

You can email me directly at [email protected] and we can set up a time for a test drive, etc., if you like.

Regards -

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm back. This is Cody from Ohio.

This is Cody2008. I updated my email address to my yahoo and got my account locked out by mistake. Pete, if you can merge my 08 & 09 accounts that would great.

Long live PriusOnline.com!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts