Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not yet on a waiting list, but am planning to start calling to get on them this weekend. I definitely want:
  • the intermittent rear window wiper
    the smart entry & start, and
    the premium stereo.
However, I have zero interest in the navigation system or the Bluetooth technology.

From what I have seen, the ONLY options that include the 3 items I want, also include the navigation system and the Bluetooth...packages #8 and #9.

I live in Kansas City, and package #8 doesn't even seem to be available here, so along with the navigation and bluetooth, I'll also have to pay for a bunch of other stuff I don't need.

- Is anyone aware of a place in the midwest that offers package #8?
- Has anyone heard about different package optioins available for 2005?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think the Smart Entry and Start requires the Nav system...maybe because of computer components.....kind of like how a certain CPU requires a specific type of chipset or memory?

It's just a guess.

·
Registered
623 Posts
BIF said:
I think the Smart Entry and Start requires the Nav system...maybe because of computer components.....kind of like how a certain CPU requires a specific type of chipset or memory?
Nope. My #7 has SS/SE but no NAV.

If Kansas City gets snow, consider a #7. It has the VSC. And unless you really need to be able to put 6 CDs in at once, or you need the cassette player, the standard audio system is great.

Also, #7 has the side air bags, an important safety feature, which the #8 does not.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You mentioned that you definitely wanted the premium stereo system, and if that's the case, so be it...

I also felt that way, though, until I test-drove a couple of Prii w/it, and then spent 2 weeks driving my dad's 2004 pkg. 3 last Christmas for 2 weeks..his has the regular stereo. I believe the regular sound system sounds significantly better than the premium...in fact, my wife and I agreed that the premium sound system was flat & unimpressive (and I did play with the settings to try to improve it). We also have discovered that a 1-cd in-dash unit is fine, we'd rarely/never need to load in multiple cd's. However, we take mostly short trips, and of course YMMV!

As a result, because I didn't want NAV, I ordered a package 7. You still get smart key, side airbags, TSC, and save 3 grand.

I wonder if you could get a pkg. 7 and have the premium stereo installed as a dealer-installed option?

rpm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts