Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a newb so need some help (thanks in advance). I have a 2009 prius with 170k miles. After our extreme cold snap a week or 2 ago where it was minus 10 degrees here I was met with a lot of simultaneous warning lights on my dash (the Big red triangle with the exclamation point, the braking system light (ie. the yellow exclamation point encased by a circle, the VSC light and the check engine light) I went to autozone and they did the system check and it said the following (it indicated problems with the power train system , the antilock brake system and service interval light, additionally it said I needed to replace the battery and had the following codes:
C2300 (actuator system malfunction)
C2318 (low voltage)
C1241 (battery)
C1300 (ECU malfunction
C!#!) (malfunction in HV system)

My question is which battery needs to be changed - the 12 Volt auxiliary battery or the (much more expensive and probably represents the death knell of my beloved Prius) Hybrid System Battery?

THANKS!!!!!!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am a newb so need some help (thanks in advance). I have a 2009 prius with 170k miles. After our extreme cold snap a week or 2 ago where it was minus 10 degrees here I was met with a lot of simultaneous warning lights on my dash (the Big red triangle with the exclamation point, the braking system light (ie. the yellow exclamation point encased by a circle, the VSC light and the check engine light) I went to autozone and they did the system check and it said the following (it indicated problems with the power train system , the antilock brake system and service interval light, additionally it said I needed to replace the battery and had the following codes:
C2300 (actuator system malfunction)
C2318 (low voltage)
C1241 (battery)
C1300 (ECU malfunction
C!#!) (malfunction in HV system)

My question is which battery needs to be changed - the 12 Volt auxiliary battery or the (much more expensive and probably represents the death knell of my beloved Prius) Hybrid System Battery?

THANKS!!!!!!!
I do not know the solution to your problem. but I do know some one that will perhaps buy it. contact me at [email protected]
Go threw test? do you need a jump to start it? research the codes. could be simple as a corided conector on the ECU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts