Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on up to 5 lists up and down the Mid-Atlantic and after a few bad experiences, (see thread "Cost of Buying a Prius in NC") I decided to spend a day and hit the phones. I used Buyatoyota.com to check inventories and made calls based on that. Most of them showed zero, and the dealers that had Prius(s) usually informed me that they were already sold, but finally I found a dealer in Sylacauga, Alabama that had a Black #3 and it was....available!

So to everyone that has only been to their local dealership, do *not* take them at their word. Personally, I will not deal with Toyota of Durham if I can help it. I'm sorry I trusted them for long in the first place.

If anyone has any questions, or needs any advice, please reply.

Durham, NC

2004 Black #3 (on its way to NC)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats Durham,

Welcome to the NC owners club :D Glad to hear that you ran as fast as you could from Toyota of Durham. I'll be on the lookout for a Black #3 doing donuts in the parking lot of the dealer :twisted:

Wolfpack

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Toyota of Bullcity

Wolfpack,
I'm very glad I didn't have to buy from Mark J. It's bad enough I have to see him all the time on those terrible commercials. If had to see those *and* know that I gave him any money...ugh.

DurhamNC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats...

...a black #3, that is actually my preferred model and color. It has the side airbags and rear wiper, but not much else — and frankly, I don't need the other stuff. Want to trade for a Silver #7 coming in on July 8? Just kidding, although if you were willing to pay the difference...

How are you getting it down here? Going and getting it yourself? Did they charge you a surcharge? I was charged $1000 over, and was happy to do so.

Glad you ditched those crooks at Toyota of Durham.

Chapel Hill, NC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bama to Durham...

The dealer said he'd take care of transporting the car up to Durham. It's not free, but it's not that much. I left the paperwork at work, or I'd share the price. He's supposed to call tomorrow so we can make arrangements and schedule a time that I'll be here to receive it. Shouldn't take longer than a week.

Actually, a silver one was my second choice, and my wife thought the Smart Entry thing looked cool. Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably stick with the Black #3.

DurhamNC

Black#3 on the way

·
Registered
10 Posts
Durham,

Glad to hear that you only have to wait a week and the dealer is working with you on shipping the car. Even though it is only a week I know it seems like an eternity. I to am glad that none of your money went to supporting those horrible commercials. The last thing thing we need is more of those ads. Well I am always glad to hear happy endings to stories like yours. I truely felt bad for those people who were on Durham's list who had no idea that the dealer would load them up with port options. When I took delivery of our Prius, I made sure to talk to the Manager of Leith and thank him for not loading their cars or charging over MSRP for them as well. Let us know when you get your car and how you like it.

Wolfpack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Durham,

Glad to hear that you only have to wait a week and the dealer is working with you on shipping the car. Even though it is only a week I know it seems like an eternity. I to am glad that none of your money went to supporting those horrible commercials. The last thing thing we need is more of those ads. Well I am always glad to hear happy endings to stories like yours. I truely felt bad for those people who were on Durham's list who had no idea that the dealer would load them up with port options. When I took delivery of our Prius, I made sure to talk to the Manager of Leith and thank him for not loading their cars or charging over MSRP for them as well. Let us know when you get your car and how you like it.

Wolfpack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts