Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped -anyone know where this thing is?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this
screen lets you control the ASL (Automatic
Sound Levelizer) which adjusts the volume for
ambient sound conditions - which is cool, but
where the hell is it?

Reference is 2004 owner's manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it's not in the us

that is one of the options/functions, that didn't make it across the border, along with park assist, and daytime running lights, there may be others as wel..

answer... not available in the usl

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: it's not in the us

ses said:
that is one of the options/functions, that didn't make it across the border, along with park assist, and daytime running lights, there may be others as wel..

What? Not available in the US? My 02 has daytime running lights. Now I can't be without them. Can you explain? I've been told they do so well they'll soon be mandatory.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

whatshisname said:
ses said:

What? Not available in the US? My 02 has daytime running lights. Now I can't be without them. Can you explain? I've been told they do so well they'll soon be mandatory.
the DRLs are not available on the
2004 Prius in the US.

Much like the 2001 US Prius that
did not have DRLs either...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

CRAP! They left it in the owner's manual alright - same with the auto headlamps (which I miss the most).

ses said:

·
Registered
8 Posts
it exists and I set it.

what si this all about. I set this feautre on and it works great in my 04 prius and yes i am in the US. just out side boston.

If i remember off hand correctly it is the menu button then there is a settings section or something. basicly looking for something lobeled volume. i found it looking for a way to raise the NAV voice and it did the radio instead. This is the baseline volume from 1-10 if i remember correctly. default is 4. below the is an option to auto maticlly increase volue with speed.

Remember it just says volume not audio or anytihgn else.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
TUW,
If you truely did find that the you got extremely lucky as Toyota announced that that feature was ultimately not included on the US models. The IS a way to adjust the NAV volume based on speed, but the stereo (at least for the rest of us) DSL/ASl isn't available.
--evan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts