Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my problem is can't seem to make the symbols (control buttons) on the steering wheel get brighter! Tried the turning up the intensity button on the dashboard left of the steering colum. This turned up the MFD and the fuel/speed readout window, but didn't do anything for me on the steering wheel. So it's early and I only own the car two days, but I did read the owners manual, didn't I? Thanks

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
No such switch. They are dim, and cannot be brightened. Sorry!

Now if they are not lit at all when the lights are on, you have a problem.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You'll be surprised how quickly the ability to operate the steering-wheel buttons by FEEL kicks in.

Notice how each one is totally unique, having a shape/texture/position that allows you to identify it without needing to look.

·
Registered
319 Posts
john1701a said:
Notice how each one is totally unique, having a shape/texture/position that allows you to identify it without needing to look.
If I wanted to learn Braille... :evil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
mikepaul said:
john1701a said:
If I wanted to learn Braille... :evil:
Hey, I still have to look down to see where the brake and gas pedals are... :twisted:

BTW, basic Braille is not that hard. It get's complicated when contractions are used.
If you are interested, I wrote a PALM program a while ago : :)
http://www.vassfamily.net/palm/br.html

------

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I had the same concerns when I first got the car, I was flailing looking for each button. But as John says, the location of each becomes second nature in short order based on feel.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Waittaminute! My car doesn't have a "*&%$" switch!

Now I'm concerned. What if I want to *&%$ and I can't find the *&%$ switch? I have volume, stereo mode, AC temp and auto function, phone controls, info and map toggles, horn, but no *&%$.

It doesn't seem right that everyone else can *&%$ willy-nilly whenever they want, and I'm stuck without the means to *&%$.

Heck, I feel like *&%$ing right now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts