Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a business trip to Denver and into withdrawal from my Prius.

To add to the pain, Budget Rent-a-Car gave me a freakin' (not Toyota) MINIVAN because all their regular cars were taken. When I complained, the guy behind the desk offered an "upgrade" to an SUV, and couldn't get it through his head that I wanted the most fuel-efficient vehicle available.

So, my question is: What rental-car companies actually have Prii available to rent?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rentals

Next trip, check with the local Toyota dealer, they're the only ones around here with a Prius for rent. (South Alabama)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Post subject: Where to rent a Prius?

muymal said:
Call Hertz. I saw a Prius at their lot at the airport in Austin, TX.
It probably belonged to an employee. :-D

·
Registered
9 Posts
LowCO2 said:
Went on a business trip to Denver and into withdrawal from my Prius.

So, my question is: What rental-car companies actually have Prii available to rent?
If you go to a dealer and pretend you're interested in buying they may actually even let you rent it for free... I got a try-out rental for like 4 days with no skin off my back.. was actually a good deal for the Dealer, b/c my wife was so impressed we bought our "precious" there :)

problem is a) probably no "reservation"... my dealer's svc dept was stricktly walk-in. b) availability depends on time of day/stock c) freebie may not happen, esp. after Hurricane season started.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I know Fox Rent-A-Car carries Priuses and Civic Hybrids but they're only in California and Arizona AFAIR. Beyond that, I would look for dealers, or especially used-car dealers, with hybrids they can rent. I wouldn't look specifically for a Prius because they're difficult to find -- you may need to widen your search criteria.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts