Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was reaching for the pull tab to open the tool compartment and get my tire guage when my fingers found these two objects. Note the pencil is for scale, and was actually on my desk, here at work at the time.

They appear to be some kind of rubber feet. They're almost sticky on one side. As I've not had any cargo in weeks, I'm pretty sure they did not fall off anything non-prius in nature. So, then: What are they, and where did they come from?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Those are off the bottom of my Mr. Coffee. I've been looking all over for them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope they don't lead to an accident on my way home tonight. Hopefully I will be able to figure out where they go tomorrow, as this seems like just the thing to do before my Saturday Afternoon nap.

It *is* going to drive me crazy not knowing where they came from :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rubber Feet

This reminds me of a commercial for calculators, back when

a) calculators had commercials, and
b) this was because each sale brought the seller about $300

The jingle went something like (probably out of copyright by now):

"You can't go wrong with a Rockwell,
They really can't be beat,
They've got big green numbers
And little rubber feet."

Melody was a hoedown type of bouncy song. The fact was other calculators had small red numbers and slid around the desk, so Rockwell had a market advantage to advertise.

Hope you find that calculator (not worth $300 anymore) 8)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Rubber Feet

MUGlover said:
"You can't go wrong with a Rockwell,
Is this the same Rockwell that makes phone system switches? Several years ago while my wife and I were working at the same company, she was having a discussion about Rockwell switch problems with her boss and a service tech. With the repeat nature of the problems, her boss asked the tech "are we a Beta site?", to which my wife responded "no, we're an oversight". Perhaps they forgot to install the LRF. 8)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I searched my Prius from top to bottom, and I could find no evidence that these objects came from within.

Now, I can only assume they really are from Hep's Mr. Coffee. Hep, I'm sorry I doubted you. You can pick them up next time you're in Fla.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
melgish said:
I searched my Prius from top to bottom, and I could find no evidence that these objects came from within.

Now, I can only assume they really are from Hep's Mr. Coffee. Hep, I'm sorry I doubted you. You can pick them up next time you're in Fla.
In the mean time I live with a wobbley coffee pot? No way! Cough up a stamp and send them north. No, wait... I just looked at the weather forcast. Snow flurries for Friday night. FLA is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ah those are the little feet that came off the hand held scanner that was used in the final checkout for your Prius.

OR

it is the replacement feet that would have been used for your dash-top NAV system. unfortunately the part was out of stock so you were given the in-dash model at the last second and the tech simply forgot to retrieve the feet.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hmmm, could they be from the bottom of the console-door, to cushion the closing door?

Don't feel bad. I found one here in my home office. It was stuck to a computer keyboard...but it obviously does not belong there, on the outside of the keyboard's box!

Hep, are you missing three Mr. Coffee feet, by any chance? I too, live in Florida.....

:)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
BIF said:
Hmmm, could they be from the bottom of the console-door, to cushion the closing door?

Don't feel bad. I found one here in my home office. It was stuck to a computer keyboard...but it obviously does not belong there, on the outside of the keyboard's box!

Hep, are you missing three Mr. Coffee feet, by any chance? I too, live in Florida.....

:)
Dang! How do they get there?! Think I will go with Cuisenart next time. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts