Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody knows where I find 06 prius package 4? Looks like N California does not offer package 4. What I want is VSC but not the fancy CD changer, JBL, and homelink. Does S California have package 4 available?

One more question regarding Fasttrack. In Bay Area, a Fastrak original receipt is required to get HOV sticker. Can I apply a Fastrak account first with my existing cars? Or I have to buy a Prius first and then apply for Fastrak so that it has Prius' reg info on it?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had the same situation here in New England and was told they aren't offering the package #4 -- the salesman didn't say "around here", just "aren't offering" it, but you can't take anything a salesman says as meaning much. We gave up and are going for the #5.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
There are a lot of dependencies with this answer but...

In actuality dealers can request any package you want. However most dealers just take what is coming to them in their allocation and sell that and claim they cannot get anything special. That is basically false. The regional management determines through some process which of the myriad of packages that Toyota makes they will accept for general lot stock. Those are then the packages that get shipped on standard allocation to dealers. In other words the dealers don't request the lot cars they get, they just show up on the transport and the dealer gets to put them on their lot until they are sold. Selling them isn't a problem for Prii.

Anyway, your goal is to find a dealer who will do an allocation swap with another dealer for your package and color choice and in turn your dealer gives a car out of his standard allocation to the swapping dealer. Some dealers aren't interested in doing this because it may require a call to the regional manager or office to get the ball rolling, or it may require calling dealers out of the region to see if they will swap or if they have a need for a swap. But an accommodating dealer will try to do this for you.

If you are having trouble with urban dealers, use the phone and call rural dealers or smaller dealers. They are usually more likely to play because they want the business. And any sale of a particular model of car helps their allocation basis numbers for that model, i.e. they can increase the number shipped to them if they sell them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
big_redfox said:
Anybody knows where I find 06 prius package 4? Looks like N California does not offer package 4. What I want is VSC but not the fancy CD changer, JBL, and homelink. Does S California have package 4 available?

One more question regarding Fasttrack. In Bay Area, a Fastrak original receipt is required to get HOV sticker. Can I apply a Fastrak account first with my existing cars? Or I have to buy a Prius first and then apply for Fastrak so that it has Prius' reg info on it?

Thanks!!!
The Pacific NW(OR, WA) has 06 Package 4. However, we don't have Package 6, but So. Cal does. So, in order for me to get HID's, I'll have to get Package 7. :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts