Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Prius needs 2 accessories. If you have a source, please tell me:

(a) A bucket type trash can which fits over the floor board hump in front of the rear seats...
The bucket opening should be about 6 to 8 inches. Nice to use to tidy up the interior by getting rid of used Kleenex and gum wrappers... This style of trash receptacle used to be plentiful years ago; but I can't find it at the Toyota dealer, Pep Boys or any where else. Help...

(b) A lining for the floor of the rear storage compartment...
The storage compartment floor is metal with tools imbedded into the metal. If the metal floor could be covered with a thin mat, the storage compartment would be more functional. Toyota does not offer this as an accessory. Does anyone know where I could purchase a "cut to fit" mat?

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you don't mind doing the cutting yourself, you can probably buy carpet scraps for next to nothing at a carpet store. They have pieces left over when they install carpets in homes, and the small bits are worthless to them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
accessories

I was able to get a tan wastebasket exactly as you describe at an auto parts store/boutique. It had a curved spiked bottom and by sitting it on the hump pressed back against the seat it was located so I could reach back between the front seats blindly and drop trash into it. To make it more stable I used a nail clipper to remove one line of spikes an stuck on a strip if male Velcro. I forgot the manufacturer but they make a whole line of cupholders, consoles &c. If you are unable to find it write me and I'll get the name and part number and store name, they are a franchise. Peace, Ammiel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts