Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided a Prius is the way to go for us. So I put one on order (no deposit and msrp when it arrives). So, the question is, won't the 2006 MY be coming out soon? When does the next year Prius usually get released?

Dan

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I took delivery on a 2004 in Nov 03. I have heard some 04s were earlier (Oct or Sept). So that might give you some idea.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I ordered my 04 in Sept 03, (delivery was 60 days) which was the earliest my dealer would take orders.

I think things are probably different now. If your dealer will take order specifically for a 06, you might have a chance of getting one earlier.

Everything I hear says the 05 & 06 will be identical, but I dont know that for sure.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ordered 05 in Sept 04.

Sept/Oct would be the month(s) of change. 2007 would be a more probable year for major changes

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Historically, the new model year Prius starts production in around August. New deliveries to the US start around October.

(pioneer ordered my 2004 on July 4th weekend of 2003. received it in my dealer's Nov. 2003 allocation. (first 2004s came in Oct.)

my mother ordered her 2002 in June 2001 (a few weeks after they became available for order). She got it in Nov. 2001 (first 2002 deliveries were in Oct. on the west coast, she ordered later and had the month delay for the east coast)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had not expected that it would have major changes from what I read here on the site. Somewhere I read there was a possibility that leather (which my wife wants) would be an option for 06 MY. The other reason for waiting for 2006 of course, is its a year newer.The 05 would be attractive if it had, say, $1000 off msrp. which sounds like it may be possible to get close to that now.

Dan

·
Registered
425 Posts
As a (not hard and fast) rule, MRT brings out the new model year in September with minor revisions (face lisfts) every 3 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts