Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really want a prius! the gas mileage and the technology is just too cool. is anyone familiar with availability of these things in the lancaster, pa, usa area? mr good?

i just know that i'll go out of my mind waiting if it takes months and months after i order it. i'll probably want all the toys (nav, cruise, etc), so i'll have to actually order one from the factory. is it worth waiting for the 2003? or might i be able to get a better deal or something buying a 2002?

i was pleasantly surprised in the performance when i test drove it, and i've since been reading nonstop about this car. thank you everyone for contributing to this wonderful wealth of information in these forums.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am also in the market for a Prius, and I was at the dealer just this past weekend. He said it is no longer necessary to order from the factory. If I give him my specs (color, options) he can either designate one for me that is on its way, or he can do a computer search of inventory at other dealerships in the area and have one sent over. Either way, he said it would only take a week or two. I'm in Southern California, so there are lots of dealerships nearby. I suppose it could take a bit longer in a less populated region.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Flinchbaugh: I waited 6 months for my 2002 Silver. Ordered from Chuck Nugent at New Holland Toyota June 14th and got delivery Dec. 14th, 2001. (Took the $ 2,000 tax deduction on 2001 Inc. Tax.) You can probably get one within a week or two right now. NH Toyota is expecting several in the next few weeks, and Lancaster Toyota on the Manheim Pike has one in stock, but I don't think it's for sale. They have been running adds in the Sunday News the last two weeks. Anyway Chuck Nugent is now working for Lancaster Toyota, so if you are interested talk to him. Tel him I referred you. It's a terriffic car and I got just about 5,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems so far. As far as waiting for a 2003. they have made very few or basically no changes since introduction in Japan in 1997, outside of adding some new colors, and opions like side air bags, Cruise, NAV etc., so I would not reccommend waiting for the 2003 if you are really interested. If you go to NH Toyota, talk to Jason Lowry at 354-4910.

Regards & good luck!

Don Good (Ephrata Pa)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2003s aren't supposed to hit US shores until early Sept. 2002. (2001s hit in Aug. 2000, 2002s hit end of Aug/early Sept. 2001 (first orderable on June 1, 2001). Unknown if there will be any changes (like a fold-down rear seat!) or the addition of the 2 other Japanese colors.

Currently, you can buy a Prius off-the-lot, like any other car, or you can have it ordered special for you. The wait will depend on what available cars are in the area that match your order.

Find a dealer that you trust, and that actually knows the car. Don't go to one that tries to persuade you to look at a different model on the lot. Call around, see who you like, see who's overcharging (anything over MSRP is overcharging), etc.

Look at the dealer's database over on the toyota-prius yahoogroup for good dealers in your area.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-pr ... 2&sortBy=6

or, find the Prius-Certified Toyota dealerships in your area (not all Toyota dealerships are Prius-Certified) by checking off the "Prius Certified" search box on the Toyota dealer locator.
http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/dealers/index3.html
or preferably:
http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/dealers ... index.html

[%sig%]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts