Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
2 days ago i scored 48.67; today it scored 61.83...average over the 575 miles was 53.77.

Lifetime (Jul 15 2005 to today, 9022 miles total is 49.65)

'Course, YMMV, especially if you don't have to avoid being 'launched' by a certain red Dodge Ram 1500 every bloody morning for the past several months...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have been getting 44 or 45, but I recently inflated my tires to 40 front, 38 rear, and I think it has improved my mileage by 2 or 3 mpg. I still voted at 41 to 45, as I don't have enough of a sample with the new inflation yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's your Prius Mileage?

Our 05 Prius just passed 10.5K. Mileage has been very consistent from day one - 52 MPG. The wife and I love keeping a log of our tank to tank mileage and our lifetime average. We usually run 40/38psi on the tires and have an average commute of about 50 miles per day.

This car has saved us a lot on our gas bill compared to our long gone conversion van! What a wonderful machine is our Prius!

Oh, and still no "snowflake"! Not likely from sunny San Antonio!

Happy Driving

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
This is a great survey! I think people read about others getting 55+ and wonder if they are doing something wrong. Most get in upper 40's and if you mostly do short hop trips, lower 40's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just voted in the 51-55mpg range because my latest tank is running at 53mpg.....

I'm reconsidering thinking you might actually have meant "Lifetime" mileage?

sigh!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I haven't calculated a lifetime average. With 5000 miles mine's approximately 42mpg. A lot of short daily trips mixed with some longer journeys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This past summer I was averaging about 52. I have since changed the tires to Michelin Hydroedge and have a noticed a slight decrease in mileage...around 50. Of course I will have to keep track for a while to get an accurate picture. Gotta love this car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get pure crap mileage on this car compared to everyone else. It's a lemon.

I tried a loaner Prius, got 52 on it on a test drive of a chunk of road that mere hours before my own car got 42 on.

Toyota, being basically jerks, refuse to repair or replace it.

I'm fighting them in arbitration - which I don't trust, I think it's crooked - and I'll take it to the state Attorney General if need be.

All you lucky folks with your good Priuses now have another reason to feel lucky, you didn't get stuck with the lemon one I did.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lifetime average (7800 miles - 4.5 months) 58 MPG. My best tank was 62 MPG. We've been really lucky here in S.E. Michigan, it's been unusually warm for this time of year. I am starting to notice my mileage dropping with the temperature though I'm still in the mid 50's. I must admit I put alot of effort into getting that kind of mileage. I've changed my driving habits quite a bit since buying this car but it still seems like a fun game.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Average where?
On backroads 53 mpg,
On Intrestates 50 ",
Around town 38 " (mamy 10 minute trips, so lots of driving with a cold engine).

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
45.9MPG lifetime over 41,226 miles on my 2001 Prius
49.3MPG lifetime over 24,347 miles on my 2004 Prius (but I'm missing the most recent fillup or two...)
http://www.kluge.net/~felicity/prius.php

metrowest Boston, MA area. 42/40 tire pressure on OEMs on the 2001, 40/38 tire pressure on the OEMs on the 2004. (Just changed to new winter tires today, so I don't know how that'll affect things.)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I WILL NOT ANSWER THIS SURVEY

I will not do it because:

1. This survey could come from Toyota to confirm how low it is the real mpg.

2. This survey could come from competitors to confirm how better the will have to be.

3. This survey could come from other unknown third parties to play with numbers just for fun to manipulate some kind of opinion.

Why do it when everybody knows how low it is and how inconsistent it is due to very complex combinantion of situations in the car that not even Toyota can rule them thru a simple technique of Pulse and Glide.

Instead, ask for many of us have to Pulse and Glide and how often we have to do it to make feel better our purchase, taking all kind of traffic risks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: I WILL NOT ANSWER THIS SURVEY

Rmarchena said:
This actually brings up a much more important point: it's a bad idea to draw conclusions from this kind of survey. It's too hard to determine which people will answer and which people won't. Often people on one side of an issue are much more strongly motivated to "vote". It's also hard to determine what percentage of respondents tell the truth. Since the total number of "voters" is small, it's easy for a small number of people with an "agenda" to heavily skew the results.

·
Registered
922 Posts
True, these surveys aren't scientific. Only a random sampling would be. But hopefully, we all know that and wouldn't presume to draw any conclusion slanted to our own views. Prius surveys are somewhat informative but mostly just fun. If Marchena wants to run one on how much we coast and glide, it would provide some smiles and head nods as well. (I've coasted to 20 in a 35mph zone and been honked at from the following car.)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts