Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes me so mad to see those Prius ads on my internet home page. They should come with a warning that you can't get one. I know they buy ads months in advance, but come on with the ads. What are they trying to do?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dion said:
It makes me so mad to see those Prius ads on my internet home page. They should come with a warning that you can't get one. I know they buy ads months in advance, but come on with the ads. What are they trying to do?
I have not seen or heard any Prius adds!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dion said:
I know they buy ads months in advance, but come on with the ads. What are they trying to do?
They're trying to piss you off.....

Come on, you said it yourself right in the post...they buy the ads months ahead of time, they'd take a major financial hit by cancelling. Should they also tell Motortrend to not make them car of the year?

Yea, it stirs your frustration, but they're a business and they'd already purchased the ads and made the commercials before the Prius was on the streets--what do you want them to do (besides the warning that you can't get one--which I kinda think would be funny. Sort of like dangling a carrot on a stick!)
--evan

·
Registered
106 Posts
I get a kick out of some of the things I read here. There are a few hollering that Toyota is stupid because it can't produce enough hybrids to meet the demand. I assure you, in my opinion, Toyota is not stupid. The Prius plant in Japan is producing night and day seven days a week and has been ever since dealers began ordering the '04s. That's all it can do. Two more plants for hybrids are under construction. They'll turn out other models beside the Prius. Plants are not built over night and even successful corporations have to borrow money to grow. It appears it is easier to build the cars than it is to build the plants that make them. Believe me, Toyota knows what it is doing and we are fortunate it is Toyota who is building them and not GM or Ford or worse yet, Chrysler-D. As for option packages? My dealer places all orders with option package #9. That's where the money is and there are people waiting for them. I'm one. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
What adds? Are you an AOL user or something?

Dion said:
EDIT
Dion said:
The ad is on the MSN home page

http://www.msn.com/
Ok, this is just about the same as being an AOL user.
If it weren't Toyota adds, it would be Levis or
Nike adds.... just get use to this notion that
MSM will torment you for all time :D Long live
Capitalism!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Prius Ads also on Mapquest

I've noticed a banner on Mapquest indicating how many gallons of gas would have been saved if every Mapquest search driver was driving a Prius.

·
Registered
311 Posts
An ad covereage may be booked months in advance but changing the content in the digital media is trivial. Why continue to advertise a car you can't provide? Toyota could easily change the ad to something they can supply, boost sales of something they can deliver, and not contiue to feed the frenzy of frustrated buyers.

At this juncture, how is more demand good for them or their "victims?"

:D Pat :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep, I guess they have the feedback they wanted - overwhelming demand. They will import more soon.

patrickg said:
An ad covereage may be booked months in advance but changing the content in the digital media is trivial. Why continue to advertise a car you can't provide? Toyota could easily change the ad to something they can supply, boost sales of something they can deliver, and not contiue to feed the frenzy of frustrated buyers.

At this juncture, how is more demand good for them or their "victims?"

:D Pat :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts