Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a few priuss' on my commute in the chicago area. Before I got my Prius I was all about waving but then nobody would wave back. Was someone pulling my about the waving thing? Please clue me in on this.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I got a Prius wave last week, and a Prius "meepmeep" and a wave on Monday! A very happy thing. I think the one on Monday even included a giggle. A meeting of two white Prii on Rt 295 northbound, near Cherry Hill, NJ. :lol:

I wonder what Robert Frost would say... "Two Prii converged on a busy road. Sorry I could not ride in both, I took the one with better MPG, and that has made all the difference." Or maybe "Miles to go before I sleep, but I have regeneration to keep..."

I did see another one a couple of weeks ago, but he/she/it wouldn't greet. :( Too bad for them! Priing should be fun.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There's another one in my same color around here and saw it going the other way. I think we were both startled as we both just stared, like looking in a mirror. I've gotten better reactions from people who don't have a Prius, particularly the kids.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I got a wave back most of the time. The president of UBC didn't wave back to me :shock: . :? Didn't even reply my e-mail. So much for getting involved with the students

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
the appropriate move around here is a knowing smile, and a thumbs up...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
Prolly cause where polar bears are, waving causes a breeze, which would make it colder than it already is. Brrrrr. Or waving would require all fingers to get cold. Thumbs up takes just the thumb, and fingers can stay warm.

I'm cold and tired and tired of being cold. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is great to hear all the neat waving stories. I have yet to get any acknowledgement from fellow Prius drivers in the Chicago area. I guess I'll keep trying. I luv my Prius!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Waving in olden times

I, too, have anxiously waived at passing Prius (Never have figured out what the plural is). Having owned in the distant past, a BRG Triumph TR-4 and a red Volvo 544, I lookied forward to once again having an "enthusiast" car and the commrodery that can accompany them. But to no avail. Prius people around here, southern Minnesota, seem to be intent more on getting to their destinations rather than checking out the passing scene.

A knowing thumbs-up would be an appropriate greeting and I continue in my quest for Harley Davidson style high-fives. Ah, the good old days. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I drove by another one yesterday that was stopped in the fast lane of the freeway after being badly rear-ended. Crumple zones were definitely crumpled.

Sad wave...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:
Prolly cause where polar bears are, waving causes a breeze, which would make it colder than it already is. Brrrrr. Or waving would require all fingers to get cold. Thumbs up takes just the thumb, and fingers can stay warm.

When that submarine broke through our floor, lots of em started waving, & taking pictures of us; that was cool 8).

Then they were smart enough to wait until we were gone before leaving their vehicle to take a pic of it. It is a little bigger than Prius, but I bet gets lousy mileage:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Now that I think about it, do Polar Bears have thumbs? How to give thumbs up? Hmmm. :?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
An04Prius said:
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:

When that submarine broke through our floor, lots of em started waving, & taking pictures of us; that was cool 8).

Then they were smart enough to wait until we were gone before leaving their vehicle to take a pic of it. It is a little bigger than Prius, but I bet gets lousy mileage:
I think they label it miles per plutonium capsule. Or maybe capsule/100KM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fret not! I'm from Chicago and I wave whenever the other Prius driver and I make eye contact. I try to make eye contact whenever it is safe to do so.

Concidence:
I travelled to central Illinois (Springfield) and stopped to get gas (you know, that flammable stuff that we occassionally need to use :lol: ). On the other side of the pump was an identical salsa red Prius, also gassing up. He said to me "what do you think the odds of this are?" I soon learned that he and I had both just installed an XM radio in our cars. Well we both put our 9-10 gallons in and went our separate ways. About an hour later, he passed me heading back to Chicago. Needless to say......we waved. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts