Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything that it does, and it isn't listed in the manual which is very strange...

it doesn't stop the voice nav instructions, as i thought it would...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's the voice recognizition button.

Push the button, wait for the beep, and say "I'm Hungry" out loud.

With a lot of luck, you'll hear "The System Is Showing Restaurant Icon's"
With a little luck, you'll hear "This command is available only on Map Screen"
With no luck, you'll hear "Turning Audio System Off"

For some reason saying "Masturbation" causes the map to change from UP = North configuration to UP = Current Car Direction :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
One time when the navigation lady just wouldn't stop talking, I told her to "shut pie hole." You know what she told me? "System is showing courthouse icons."

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
LOL! You'll be saying it yourself the next time you say "Map Direction" and get "System Is Showing Gas Station Icons" :)

My latest annoyance... For me "EYE-TALIAN" works, but "EEE-TALIAN" doesn't, and for my wife "EEE-TALIAN" works, but "EYE-TALIAN" doesnt...

Makes it tough to find a good pizza store.

·
Registered
381 Posts
melgish said:
Donato's delivers, if you have one in your area. Still haven't found a place that makes it like John's Pizza in Addison, IL. 8)

·
Registered
319 Posts
melgish said:
My latest annoyance... For me "EYE-TALIAN" works, but "EEE-TALIAN" doesn't, and for my wife "EEE-TALIAN" works, but "EYE-TALIAN" doesnt...
There's the problem right there: it's "IH-TALIAN", "IH" as in with... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: My complaint: I live in PRIME BAR-B-QUE country (TEXAS) and "Ernestine" (She's named after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character) can't find a BBQ restaurant.! S I G H

Other than that, about 50-60% of the time Ernestine responds sensibly, the other times she serves as entertainment with her unique responses.

·
Registered
425 Posts
melgish said:
LOL! You'll be saying it yourself the next time you say "Map Direction" and get "System Is Showing Gas Station Icons" :)

Try It-alian.

I wonder how it would respone to Talibahn ? Lock you in and directs you to the nearest FBI ??? :p

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think I'm up to about 80 percent accuracy, as I've been spending my commute hours learning to speak 'prius'

Got "Coffee House" on the first try last night :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts