Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not a whole lot new. The addition of a "touring package" with "195/55R16 Alloy Tire $ Disc Wheel" and larger rear spoiler is about it. I assume the "disc wheel" is rear disc brakes but the translation isn't clear. Looks like the what the European's already have on theirs. Side air bags on all pkgs but I think that already is in place. In this part of the country you can't get one with less than a pkg #1 and that includes side air bags.

While the touring pkg looks interesting it is not enough for me to cancel my current order which will be here in July and lose $1575 in tax credit which is scheduled to reduce Oct. 1.

Here is a link to a thread over at priuschat.com that has all the details. I'm not sure if this is allowed here. If not, feel free to delete the link.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Picasso Moon said:
Here is a link to a thread over at priuschat.com that has all the details. I'm not sure if this is allowed here. If not, feel free to delete the link.
I guess we can allow a link to that "other" wannabe Prius site.

:wink:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Picasso Moon said:
While the touring pkg looks interesting it is not enough for me to cancel my current order which will be here in July and lose $1575 in tax credit which is scheduled to reduce Oct. 1.
Got good news for ya. The credit is $3,150 for the Prius, not just $1575.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yeah, the Touring package consists of the Euro 16" alloys and the Type B extended rear spoiler. The "wheel disc" is basically the plastic wheel covers like ours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Got good news for ya. The credit is $3,150 for the Prius, not just $1575.
Quite correct but I was speculating if I were to opt for a 2007 it would in all likelihood be delivered after Sept. 30th. Since Toyota reached the 60,000 hybrid limit in qtr. #2 of this year, the full tax credit will only extend thru the end of qtr #3 (Sept. 30th). After that it will reduce to 1/2 of the original amount ($3,150 -> $1575) unless congress changed the law recently which I believe was talked about at one point.

From the IRS:
Consumers seeking the credit may want to buy early since the full credit is only available for a limited time. Taxpayers may claim the full amount of the allowable credit up to the end of the first calendar quarter after the quarter in which the manufacturer records its sale of the 60,000th vehicle. For the second and third calendar quarters after the quarter in which the 60,000th vehicle is sold, taxpayers may claim 50 percent of the credit. For the fourth and fifth calendar quarters, taxpayers may claim 25 percent of the credit. No credit is allowed after the fifth quarter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.