Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so you all have probably seen by now that I bash my dealer I got the car from (Elmore Toyota, Westminster CA) any chance I get, I have boycotted them, etc. Not too long ago I needed a new copy of my purchasing sale to prove I owed nothing on the car in relation to a home loan I just got.
After a bunch of time and parental lectures from the guy in finance, he apparently got frustrated and hung up on me. With closing around the corner I was furious. I called 1-800-GOTOYOTA, and although this was the wrong number, the connected me to the right department. I explained the current situation as well as all the lies when I bought the car (How Toyota rose the price $3000 so supply and demand would match, and if I wanted one I had no choice, but the $3000 came back to me at tax time with the way Toyota made an agreement with the Fed Govt and CA Govt.) This was complete BS, every aspect and I mentioned that too.
I got a call the next day from Lisa Ryan, Customer Relations Manager and direct corporate contact person at Elmore Toyota. She apologized PROFUSELY, told me she WOULD investigate it (it really hit her when I said I WOULD have paid the extra $3000 for the Prius if I had just been told "Want one faster? Gonna cost you more" but the fact they LIED is the only part that pissed me off) and she also mailed me a $100 gift certificate for ANYTHING at their dealership. Parts, service, body work, new car (yeah right, but I COULD) ANYTHING.

Here's the thing though. I have tint, chrome, new tires, mats are all fine, package 9 so I don't need a cd changer or auto dimming mirror, I have the cargo net, custom license plate frames, wheel locks, a bottle of touch up paint...
None of the accessories I see on http://www.prius.com are necessary or I already have them. I could go for the mudflaps but that's a Canada and Florida only thing or whatever.

Service-wise I just went to Jiffy Lube at 9400 miles and I'm barely over 10000 now. Although I AM due for service, oil change just happened and they can top off once for free anytime before my next oil change is due (Jiffy Lube does) and I can go to the place that did my tires any time and get a free rotation. So I figure all that in mind I'm pretty much good until 15k which will happen not too long after my move to WA.

That leaves us with PARTS. Again, most of the accessories I don't need, but I'm thinking I ought to just load up on windshield wiper fluid, oil (if Toyota sells a synthetic 5w-30, I've always used Mobil 1 Synthetic) and just anything and everything I can possibly see needing for the car in the near-ish future.

So, this said...

What would *YOU* Do?

Prices may vary depending on region, but fluids seem like something I can stock up on with $100.

Any ideas I haven't thought of? The quicker the responses come the better since I'm moving soon and won't be driving 1200 miles anytime soon to use this. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
I would buy $100 of those pine tree air fresheners. As each one 'expired' I would write 'F U' on it in blue sharpie, and hang it from the dealership front door on my way to work that morning.

But there are some who will say this is just crazy talk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
melgish said:
I would buy $100 of those pine tree air fresheners. As each one 'expired' I would write 'F U' on it in blue sharpie, and hang it from the dealership front door on my way to work that morning.

But there are some who will say this is just crazy talk
I would actually do that except I'm moving 1200 miles away in a week

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
That's crazy talk!! But I love it!!!! Too bad the drive to work would be extended 1200 miles every time you wanted to drop one off.

Humm, maybe you could just get something cool and then sell it on ebay. Take the money and purchase an EV switch. With the $55 left over, take you significant other out to a nice dinner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
...or even get a bunch of not necessarily cool stuff and unload it on eBay just to see what you can get for it. Any cash is better than no cash. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
You can try to unload the gift certificate on the For Sale board, unless it's made out to you only, then you're out of luck. Then, I'd buy stuff I need eventually, like air filter and cabin air filter...these guys add up fast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
minor things, but still...

you might want to get wipers, the original toyota ones, for both the front and rear. also, keep in mind that these parts stores do sell non-Toyota parts, so you could buy - maybe- even your Mobil oil.
I must say though.....seems like you've got it all already. If the certificate is made out to you, that means you can't sell it...does it have an expiration date? Because if it doesn't (or it's a long way off), you could just hold off on that, and then when something pops up....drive/fly 1200 miles to get it...
eh.... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Go ahead and get $100 worth of Mobil One oil. Toyota has it. Probably charges more for it than you would pay at a NAPA or Auto One. But get what you can and save it for your next oil service.

But beyond that, you should probably do your best to LET GO of your animosity and anger toward this dealer. Just LET IT GO. I have friends who are worrying and stressing themselves into heart problems and possibly an early grave.

Please LET IT GO, my friend. Even if it means you just tear up the certificate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BIF said:
Go ahead and get $100 worth of Mobil One oil. Toyota has it. Probably charges more for it than you would pay at a NAPA or Auto One. But get what you can and save it for your next oil service.

But beyond that, you should probably do your best to LET GO of your animosity and anger toward this dealer. Just LET IT GO. I have friends who are worrying and stressing themselves into heart problems and possibly an early grave.

Please LET IT GO, my friend. Even if it means you just tear up the certificate.
You may have misunderstood BIF, I don't harbor anymore animosity, I just wouldn't recommend it to others and want to use it on something that doesn't involve them touching my baby. :)

Trust me, they give me $100... I'm GONNA spend it :D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
bradca21 said:
melgish said:
I would buy $100 of those pine tree air fresheners. As each one 'expired' I would write 'F U' on it in blue sharpie, and hang it from the dealership front door on my way to work that morning.

But there are some who will say this is just crazy talk
I would actually do that except I'm moving 1200 miles away in a week


1200 miles which direction? Headed up here to "God's country"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hep said:
bradca21 said:
melgish said:
I would buy $100 of those pine tree air fresheners. As each one 'expired' I would write 'F U' on it in blue sharpie, and hang it from the dealership front door on my way to work that morning.

But there are some who will say this is just crazy talk
I would actually do that except I'm moving 1200 miles away in a week


1200 miles which direction? Headed up here to "God's country"?
Seattle area... (See avatar and my info)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I see that you're leaving today, so I suppose my $.02 is a little late. If I were you, I'd rethink the mud-flaps. I lived in the Portland area for several years, it's wet and muddy up north! Have you ever been to Everett in the winter? I don't think mud-flaps are only a "Canada and Florida thing." I had a black vehicle up north, what a mess. The greenery is nice, but it comes at a price.

Good luck with your move and new life.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top