Toyota Prius Forum banner

What is your favorite North American Prius Colour?

• Seaside Pearl (that bright blue one...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Driftwood Pearl (driftwoody coloured...)

• Tideland Pearl (is it Grey? Is it Green? Who knows?)

• Salsa Red Pearl (the name is cool...)

• Black (they didn't have any fancy name for this one?)

• Millenium Silver Metallic (Now this is a fancy name!)

• Alpine White ('nuff said!)

• OK! OK! Some colour I didn't know about when I did the poll

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a Tideland Pearl Prius 6 weeks ago, and had originally expected to receive it around now, but my dealer tells me I have another 4 to, more likely, 6 weeks to go. However, he can get me one from another dealer that is Seaside Pearl this weekend - so the choice is before me. AHHH!

It is really hard to change the image of my sort of gray-green Prius which I have been imagining every five minutes for 45 days now (including sleep time!).

Today, I canvassed my friends and co-workers on colours and have gotten a variety of answers and wondered about the group here. I have to admit that my LEAST favourite colour is the Seaside one, but I guess I'm going to grow up and take it, and see if I can do some learning to change my ways. My wife loves the Seaside colour, so that's a plus too.

(I secretly plan on complaining about the colour every day for the next ten years - but don't tell my spouse)

I might feel better if I hear that others don't loathe this colour too, hence the poll.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now do I feel stupid...

I just voted for Seaside Pearl :x
What a mistake!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My favorite color, per Toyota's advertising, is Tideland. That light, minty green metallic color. My least favorite color in reality is Tideland. That odd gray/green color. I wanted the Tideland shown on their website and the ad/flyer. When I arrived at the dealership, there was this odd pea-soup gray car out front, so I asked "where's the green one?" The sales guy said "Uh, this is the Tideland Pearl I told you about..." Okay, nevermind that, then.

I ended up getting a Seaside Pearl instead. My absolute favorite would have to be Driftwood, with Seaside just a smidgen behind. (If I was to rank them by percentages, my expected Tideland was 100%, Driftwood 90%, Seaside 85%, real Tideland about 10%. Salsa and Silver probably about 60%, black and white probably around 50%.) Now, if Tideland didn't have ANY green in it, and was just a pewter/gunmetal color, it would probably be my favorite. Instead, they combined two colors I like, and got one I really don't like. (Basically, take a photo of Tideland, and turn the color saturation all the way down, and it's good.)

·
Registered
919 Posts
My intention upon purchase was to buy a bright red. The only available color was Salsa Red, which is not a true red. The blue was available and it was the most appealing color to my husband and me. However, I don't think you should compromise on a color you don't like. (Unless your wife hates your choice.) A few months or years from now you'll wish you'd waited for your first choice. It's only 4-6 weeks and will pass quickly---I hope.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I also had to wait longer for a Tideland. We passed up several cars to get the color I really wanted. Seasides, Silvers, Whites, and Driftwood were all offered prior to me finding a Tideland.

I can understand why some people don't like it, especially if you're judging the color upon Toyota's website or brochure. It's got to be a shock to see it the first time. Personally, I love the color. It's complex but doesn't attract a lot of attention.

The Seaside is nice, but it was just a little too bright. If they had mixed a little slate into the color, I would have gotten it.

I really wish the white was a metallic paint. I don't like the "Refrigerator White". My wife's Murano is Nissan's version of metallic white and it's gorgeous.

DGStan

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have a white one. I'd asked my dealer for either white or blue. After a bazillion months, he had a salsa, and it's pretty, but I couldn't do it for 5 years or more. Just couldn't Maybe with grey interior? Nope. Couldn't. Passed it up in favor of a white from another dealer. It's WONDERFUL!! And it decorates great! :) pearly/metallic white would have been an added treat.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My previous car (now my daughter's) is a bright blue New Beetle. I like colors that are COLORS! Black, White and Silver are not colors. You've heard me enough expouding on my not green car, I won't go there, but I must confess that I have voted for Salsa. It's as close to a COLOR that we have on the list.

·
Registered
157 Posts
OK Hep, let's go down and trade in for Salsa. I'm with you.

Edmunds tells me that the average dealer price of an 04 in my zipcode is about $22,000.

So why not an 05 Salsa for a few grand more? Please let's not wait for an 06 spearmint green.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Blue, No Yellow!

I ordered Seaside Pearl, and that's what I got. Had I seen a Salsa Red before I ordered I would have ordered that color instead... and still received Seaside Pearl of course...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mrv said:
Hey! you left out all of the Classic Prius colors! I still like the Brilliant Blue Pearl, and wish I could've gotten it on my 2001...
I knew I would miss something when I set up the colours... BUT why didn't you vote for one of your "classic" colours then, under "Other", if they are so desirable? :wink:

And the Aussie colours... I think they are the same as ours, but with other names: Crystal Blue, Magnetic Bronze, Ebony, Glacier White, Gun Olive, Merlot Red, and Sterling Silver

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
They didnt make combos I would have most liked...Salsa Red or Silver w-black interior 8) 8)

so I got the silver/grey. Would have seriously considered a Salsa/grey, which also was not available. :cry:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hep said:
My previous car (now my daughter's) is a bright blue New Beetle. I like colors that are COLORS! Black, White and Silver are not colors.
Hep! Were we separated at birth? Well, I think black has some redeeming features, but The Generic Silver Sedan is an abomination! (Present company excepted, of course). I've been lamenting the lack of COLORS in cars for several years now.

My heart's desire was Seaside, and I might have gone for Salsa, but I've come to love Driftwood... if nothing else, it is the same color as the dust it gets sprinkled with at the barn... and I don't run into as many Driftwood ones as I do White and Silver.

But I long for Turquoise! Sapphire! Lime!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got to go with

Got to go with the Tideland pearl!
Wait a few more weeks...NAHHH, I was lucky, got mine in two weeks custom...
J

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hep said:
My previous car (now my daughter's) is a bright blue New Beetle. I like colors that are COLORS! Black, White and Silver are not colors. You've heard me enough expouding on my not green car, I won't go there, but I must confess that I have voted for Salsa. It's as close to a COLOR that we have on the list.
Whew! Time to get outa Dodge... the colour police are comin'... gotta cross that bridge without thinkin' of a white elephant...

·
Registered
669 Posts
An04Prius said:
Astrowoman said:
but The Generic Silver Sedan is an abomination!
To: manatee...from all us Millenium Silver folks :D
Well I did say present company excepted! Guess that's what I get for butting in, eh?

Did Melgish fall into the abyss?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
FlyingJoe said:
mrv said:
Hey! you left out all of the Classic Prius colors! I still like the Brilliant Blue Pearl, and wish I could've gotten it on my 2001...
I knew I would miss something when I set up the colours... BUT why didn't you vote for one of your "classic" colours then, under "Other", if they are so desirable? :wink:

And the Aussie colours... I think they are the same as ours, but with other names: Crystal Blue, Magnetic Bronze, Ebony, Glacier White, Gun Olive, Merlot Red, and Sterling Silver
If you can get me the Australian paint color codes to go with those names, I can tell you what other international Prius they match up with... (oftentimes the color names will change, but the paint code doesn't... Then there's the case where the US or Japan gets a color that isn't available elsewhere...)
http://www.vfaq.net/docs/PaintCodes.html

1 - 20 of 29 Posts