Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, how many miles have you gone before filling up? I did 410 miles with one pip left to go

·
Registered
991 Posts
I did about 440.. and still had two bars.. back when I actually watched how I drove.. now I get about 400 miles and fill up right about when I hit 2 bars.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
836kms.. so that's 522.5 miles? I'm hoping to break 900km this summer

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Dan? Didn't you get near 600 the time you r-- o-- of g--?

Shhh... Hyperion may be listening! :wink:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
608 miles once, multiple tanks in the 550+ range. Current one should pass the 500 mile mark unless I have to fill up before my trip tomorrow. I'm at around 480miles with 2 pips left showing 59.6mpg.

·
Registered
216 Posts
418 miles, but then again I only have a 7.2 gallon tank-- at least that is what I consistently fill from when the last blip starts blinking until the fill nozzle shuts off. Till now this "guess guage" is my only complaint to Toyota.

PA P

·
Registered
232 Posts
I avg around 460 miles between fill-ups......usually pump 10 gallons! 47mpg avg according to the MFD...

wasnt' too sure what this threads title implied at first.... :oops:

·
Registered
736 Posts
How far on a tank

My best was 624 miles, and put in 10.49 gals, which is the most I have ever put in the tank at fillup. I have had many tanks last between 500 and 550 miles, but I tend to chicken out when the last pip starts flashing. Most of the time, I fill up when it is convenient, and the guage is down to the last 3 pips or thereabouts. So far, I haven't run out (knocking on wood as I write!) I never got the TSB done on my filler/tank, etc. as the tech at my dealership said it wasn't fixing the problem on the cars he had done it on. I have kept all the gas receipts, and figured the lifetime mileage at 63,000 miles to be 54.2 mpg. For the last 28k, the average has gone up to 56.7mpg, but I have been really watching my freeway speeds, mostly keeping to 55-60mph, except in the carpool lanes. With the tank rated at 11.9 gallons, that should take me about 674 miles, but no way am I going to risk it! Regardless, I have to chuckle to myself everytime someone in a Hummer or other huge vehicle roars past me, only to wait at the next signal for me to catch up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've never been able to get in more than 9.5 gallons even with a flashing pip - and I'm very suspicious that the gas station was shorting me that time, because otherwise I've never been able to get within a half gallon to that amount in 14 months of driving. So that keeps my tank average down. Best tank was 536 miles - long trips in balmy weather, MFD said 61.1 mpg at the end.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I have done over 700 three time according to my records, but one was a topoff, so I won't give that one out.

7/30/05 716 @ 56.7 MFD 57.5 calculated, 12.4 gallons
10/4/05 701 @ 58.9 MFD 57.5 calculated, 12.2 gallons.

There was a guy who used to post got 700 mile tanks often. Was it Richard?

·
Registered
736 Posts
How far on a tank

Dan,
Where is the extra (over 11.9 gal.), gas going, do you think? I know that the bladder size can vary due to ambient temps, so could it be forced to expand and hold more gas? Sometimes I hear a gurgling, burping sound when it gets near full. If I don't stop filling then, I may get some splash back, which is best avoided for environmental reasons. I think that you mentioned running out in the past, so I would imagine you were pretty close the time that you got 12.4 gals in the tank.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
In my hilly location, the best I've done is 507 miles (blinking pip), 55.6 MPG, last August. I pumped 8.879 gals. that tank. Most I've been able to pump (I normally don't topoff put probably clicked a few times): 9.8.

Dan, maybe that guy was Ray Moore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
gas

Last week I went 115 miles with all my pips. I only filled up with 8 gallons. My tank never holds more than 8.5.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Re: gas

EJ23 said:
Last week I went 115 miles with all my pips. I only filled up with 8 gallons. My tank never holds more than 8.5.
I went 125 miles with all my pips last weekend on a very full fillup, but now I'm at 305 with 2 pips left showing 43.7mpg on my screen. If I insert any short, 10 minutes trips with a tank, the mpg goes steadily down. This is why I haven't hit 50mpg (close though) on an entire tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.