Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a number of places in Toyota sales literature and on their website for the Prius that reference "50 state emissions(FE)" as one of the options or features that the Prius comes with. Does this actually represent anything? Is there maybe some certificate or something that you are supposed to get with the car that exempts you from state emissions inspections?

-JRjr

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Re: What does "50 state emissions(FE)" actually me

JRjr said:
I've noticed a number of places in Toyota sales literature and on their website for the Prius that reference "50 state emissions(FE)" as one of the options or features that the Prius comes with. Does this actually represent anything? Is there maybe some certificate or something that you are supposed to get with the car that exempts you from state emissions inspections?

-JRjr
No, it just means that its emissions system is for use in all 50 states. (As opposed to some vehicles that have one emission system for California, and another for the rest of the country; since California has higher standards.) The Prius has good enough emissions that they don't need to make a special model just for California.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that makes sense... I never thought to ask what it meant when I bought the car. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts