Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ved decided to get it because of where I live. Interested to know range of prices being paid.
Thanks
Bill Compton

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Bill Compton said:
I'ved decided to get it because of where I live. Interested to know range of prices being paid.
Thanks
Bill Compton
Depends on what level of LoJack you're getting installed. The least expensive is just the Retrieve/System I/whatever they're calling it today... That's just the transponder.

You know, you can call LoJack youself and have them come out and install it for you, no dealer involved.

My auto insurance company (Liberty Mutual) currently offers a discount to members on LoJack, so check to see if your insurance agency has similar "member rewards" programs. (It's a <$50 discount, though, for me.)

Back when I ordered my 2001 Prius, my local AAA branch's financial department was offering a voucher for sale for a LoJack installation, which was about $200 off the MSRP. far better of a deal than my dealer could give me.

http://www.lojack.com/

Be warned that such an installation will add to the key-off 12v battery current drain...

I was originally thinking of adding LoJack to my 2004 Prius (not for theft reasons, but for lowered auto insurance cost reasons). My dealer suggested getting a Guidepoint system instead, but last I heard was checking into the current draw on that system, and I haven't heard back...
http://www.guidepointsystems.com/

·
Registered
884 Posts
Auto Insurance & Alarm System

My insurance agent said that they don't discount for LoJack. They said that cost of fixing or replacing the car is miniscule compared to personal injury costs. Also, recovering car doesn't necessarily mean lower costs for them. Frequently, the car is damaged from the break-in or from wreckage. They did give a small discount for the alarm system and engine immobilizer that comes standard on the Prius.

Your area might be different, though. Phoenix and Tucson are really bad for auto theft, because of our proximity to the border.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was free as part of the loan package (on my '02). I only needed the basic model as the rest of the features were there as part of the standard Prius alarm/entry suite.

--TSK

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer (Santa Monica Toyota) charged $625 and it was not an option. They made you buy it along with a rust protection treatment (ridiculous in Southern California). But other dealers here were marking up the cars in the 5-6K range, so this was cheap by compairison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts