Toyota Prius Forum banner

Which of the following benefits of a "Green" car is most important to you?

• Better mileage to help my pocketbook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pollution and air quality

• CO2 and global warming

• Less oil consumption

• Social/trendy/stylish reasons (nothing wrong with that)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poll is inspired by Wstanders comments a few moments ago in the "v6 Hybrid" poll.

Also, its interesting to me as there are so many different, and perhaps equally valid, reasons.

I voted "less oil consumption" in my own poll, for these reasons:

1. oil prices being high affects the economy in a big way, and the industries that i serve and am part of directly. supply and demand (plus exorbitant oil company profits of late) are the big factor in this, and less demand = lower prices.
2. i live in an area where, literally, there is zero smog or concern about air quality. to me polluted air and smog are on the news. i don't mean that as an insensitive remark to those of you who deal with things like this, but it just isn't something that crosses my mind often
3. the money isn't an issue
4. my social group consists of family and friends and not one of them would treat me worse if i drove Fish_Antlers 8mpg truck -vs- the prius
5. global warming wasn't on my mind at the time of purchase

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I also voted less oil conumption. But if it were broken down into percentages for me, it would be:

Better mileage: 30%

Pollution, air quality, CO2 and global warming (I feel should all be one item): 20%

Less oil consumption: 40%

Social/trendy, etc: 10%

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am really very dedicated to environmental things. I recycle whenever possible, use recycled items, low energy lighting, etc. I would say that lower expense and low gas consumption run neck and neck behind that though.
Trendy?? It fits my life style....the Gen I did not and I would not have purchased it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.