Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Does the European car have "goodies" that we do not have?

I have a question for you bright folks. I was looking at the brightness "wheel" to the left of the steering wheel (underneath-- kind of) and I saw another rectangular "space"-- already "cut out" right next to it. You see that in a lot of cars where they leave a space for cool options that you did not get with your particular car.

Well, then I was under the steering wheel looking at the SE/SS button-- and I found 3 (three) more of those rectangular "cut-outs"-- just waiting to be used for SOMETHING!

Is that where they might put the EV button on the European cars-- perhaps? But 4 cut-outs! What are we missing? (Better yet-- what cool things is Toyota planning to include-- that they already know about-- for the next stage of Prius cars? Any ideas from you smart folks?

Thanks for your creative insight.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The EV Mode button is located in the blank spot next to the rheostat on the dash. As for the blank spaces under the steering wheel, they are unknown. I don't believe the Japanese Prius have any of those spaces filled. Any thoughts?

Also, where would the Intelligent Parking Assist button be located in the Japanese Prius?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
The EV Mode button is located in the blank spot next to the rheostat on the dash. As for the blank spaces under the steering wheel, they are unknown. I don't believe the Japanese Prius have any of those spaces filled. Any thoughts?

Also, where would the Intelligent Parking Assist button be located in the Japanese Prius?
One of them is for the switch to disable Smart Start/Smart Entry. No idea about the other three.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i believe the parking assist is on the touch screen as i remember speedracer (a PriusChat member from japan) complaining because he thought there should be a steering wheel button for it too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
The main switch for the IPA is located at the left(+underneath) of the steering wheel.
There are spare slots as you can find. We, in Japan, can order some "Dealer Option" ("Port Option" in the US?).
So, they will install some switches there for such options...
http://www.toyota.jp/dop-prius/functional.html
(Japanese language only)

Regards,
[email protected]

·
Registered
181 Posts
cool info!

Ken, give us a brief list of the things that are available in japan that arent in the US models please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts