Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very excited to share with all of you Prius lovers that my wife and I picked up our Seaside Pearl beauty yesterday! :D We put a deposit on it Aug 12th. It is a package one (just the air bags) with the "Toyoguard" junk on it (I know but I think they all come with that in the Southeast!). I hope that the fabric protector is really there because I've read that the interior shows dirt really easily.

Anyway, the transaction was smooth, no surprises (I was certainly expecting some!) and no "tricks" from the dealer. I took delivery from North Georgia Toyota in Dalton, GA. I live in Cleveland, TN (about 20 miles away) and they didn't try to get me to take any warranties or gap insurance or anything. It may have to do with the fact that it was 6:30 PM on a Friday but regardless, it was a very good experience.

I'm already averaging around 50 mpg on my trips most of the time, (we've taken out 7-8 of our friends already!) one trip that was in a particularly hilly area only averaged 42. My wife and I have gotten used to the way to drive it more quickly than we thought we would. As I've read many times in these posts, the car is truly a joy to drive. I still need to check the oil and tire pressure though to be sure that's not hurting the MPG.

Thanks to all of you who have posted info before, it really helped me to be sure that I wanted to get one of these cars and now that she is home I think that we will be very happy together! (I used to think you guys were NUTS, now I'm becoming one of you! :roll: )

Y'all enjoy your drivin' now ya hear?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations!! While all is still shiny & new, you might consider a good coat of Zaino polish for the outside and 303 protectant for the inside. I applied the 303 to all the door/hatch/hood/window seals too.

Mine came w/ Toyoguard as well, but whatever (if anything) they used on the outside of the car had me scrubbing way too hard to get bugs off. Now that the Zaino is on, just a quick spray of water is enough to completely remove any bugs. Also, check the glove box for the plugs that are supposed to be installed underneath, just in front of the rear wheels.

Best of luck with the new car!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to PriusOnline!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Actually they don't all "come that way" in the Southeast. Tell them you don't want it, smile and continue saying "no", and eventually they give up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't worry about the interior. I work in a barn with horses all day long. By the time I get in the car to go home I am pretty dirty. A labrador dog also travels with me, she rides in the front seat. After almost two years the interior was just starting to look a bit dirty. I took a bottle of carpet cleaner and sprayed it on the seats, the interior looks like new. My car did not even come with Toyoguard or anything like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts