Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished hand washing the car and it seems to me that the water did not bubble and i do not think there is a coating of wax on the car. Anyone have any feeling about having the waxed. It is only 2 weeks old. I live in South Florida and the sun is hot on the surface of the car. I was thnking it could damage the color. It is salsa with the 9 package. love the car getting 44mpg so far with 600 miles on the car. lets hear from you thanks spotted 2 prii in Boca Raton Fl. in the last 2 days.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hi, Nameif:

I waxed my Silver #9 about 3 days after purchasing it. I know what you mean about how hot the sun gets! Dark colors would be even hotter than my silver gets in the sun.

Get up early one day this weekend, before that scalding hot sun is up, and give it a good coat. I think you'll be happy you did, especially with that nice Salsa Red color you've got!

Personally, I like Maguire's #3 liquid, but Turtle Wax and other's make good waxes too. Oh yeah, I also wax the forward-facing parts (bumper, hood, A-pillars, mirror housings, etc) twice; to help when it's time to wash off the bug carcasses.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm using the ToyoGuard Cleaner (wax) that came with my 2004. Have also used Zymöl cleaner wax (picked up at Costco) on the 2003. Except for the almond/banana/coconut scent of the Zymöl *, they appear to perform about the same - well. :)

* and the lack of the "Caution: Harmful or fatal if swallowed" warning that the ToyoGuard Cleaner has :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hand washed & waxed mine a week after getting it. I know what you mean about the water beading up during the wash, but after I waxed a section I could tell a clear difference between surfaces. The wax makes the paint surface smooth as glass. I, too, double-waxed the forward areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts