Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes they're called "California blades". Essentially, they're a very soft squeegee designed to be used to dry your car after washing or wet-waxing. Supposedly, they eliminate much of the need for "shammy" or towel-drying.

Anybody ever use a waterblade? What were your results? Is there any chance of damaging the wax or paint?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
884 Posts
California Water Blade

It is made of extremely soft, clear silicone rubber. The blade itself will not scratch the finish, provided the car is clean (as in after washing). However, if the car is dirty, it's like wiping the paint with sandpaper and rocks. The blade squeegees off the water just like window cleaning, and minimizes water spots. Usually, after using the blade on the big flat areas of the hood, trunk, doors and windows, a couple of quick swipes with a rag around the edges of the windows and body seams, etc. will leave the car looking great.

The blade is very soft, though; so use care not to tear it or distort it in storage.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll second that (what Phoenix said); have used them on both the 2003 and 2004 without issue. However, I've found that I still needed a chamois (sp?) "to get every last drop".

My current preference is the new Mr. Clean spotless wash/dry thing; works as advertised, and saves on the time spent manually drying the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts