Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My new 05 just started getting a strange warning light which I can't locate in the manual. It is a little red blinking key right up where the other warning lights are. This light now blinks all the time even when the car is off and locked. The keyless (fob-less) entry is still working fine, as is the keyless (fob-less) ignition.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Yes, it is just an indicator that your security system is active.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
The light is on page 6 of my 2004 Owner's Manual, in the section for "Indicator symbols on the instrument cluster and Multi.information display"

It's a red car symbol with a key on it. The manual calls it "Hybrid vehicle immobilizer / Theft deterrent system indicator light"

It's also discussed on pages 20-21 (Engine immobilizer), and 44-45 (theft deterrent system).

The flashing is normal when the key is out of the car and the driver's door (or all doors?) are closed, to tell you that the hybrid vehicle (engine) immobilizer is on, or the anti-theft alarm is set (if equipped).

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
warning light

dont feel bad. after the first nite home w/my 04, i saw that light & worried about it all night.

drove back to dlr early next day. salesman didnt know what it was either.

service guy then set us both straight. normal operation, as the above notes have said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts