Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am very near the top of the list and expect to get my Prius imminently! However, I want leather seats installed for sure. The dealer will do it for $1500. Should I have them do it or will I get a better deal or better results having it done elsewhere myself somehow? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Lanier

·
Registered
215 Posts
lanierb said:
Hi,

I am very near the top of the list and expect to get my Prius imminently! However, I want leather seats installed for sure. The dealer will do it for $1500. Should I have them do it or will I get a better deal or better results having it done elsewhere myself somehow? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Lanier
HOw much time did they quote you on this? I had called my local dealer and contacted who they suggested a while back and for $1350-1450 they would take all measurements, include breakaway stitching to accomodate all airbags, match my interior's color "within 2 shades if not exact" and if I had an 8 hour work day they could even, once they have measurements taken etc, can take it from the parking lot at work, and by the end of the day it would be back in the parking lot, lookin all sexy and leather filled. :) Money needed to go for other things, particularly a home loan so I had to pass, but years ago when I looked into the same thing for my Camaro, I was also quoted about 1300-1400. If it can be a same day thing, I'd go through the dealer. They already have all the seat dimensions (they MADE the car afterall ;) ) so that saves time, and if you can drop it off when they open and pick it up when they close, almost worth the (possibly) extra 100-200 to get it done so fast and avoid a second visit so they can measure.

As far as the leather you're getting, it may cost more but I've seen some awesome pics on here or priusChat of two toned leather interiors (grey interior, but seats were white in the center and a darker grey on the outsides)
Also, be sure that price includes them getting the back armrest, the head rests and hopefully the top of the center console as well.

If you get it done, post pictures!! :D:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
bradca21 said:
HOw much time did they quote you on this? I had called my local dealer and contacted who they suggested a while back and for $1350-1450 they would take all measurements, include breakaway stitching to accomodate all airbags, match my interior's color "within 2 shades if not exact" and if I had an 8 hour work day they could even, once they have measurements taken etc, can take it from the parking lot at work, and by the end of the day it would be back in the parking lot, lookin all sexy and leather filled. :) Money needed to go for other things, particularly a home loan so I had to pass, but years ago when I looked into the same thing for my Camaro, I was also quoted about 1300-1400. If it can be a same day thing, I'd go through the dealer. They already have all the seat dimensions (they MADE the car afterall ;) ) so that saves time, and if you can drop it off when they open and pick it up when they close, almost worth the (possibly) extra 100-200 to get it done so fast and avoid a second visit so they can measure.

As far as the leather you're getting, it may cost more but I've seen some awesome pics on here or priusChat of two toned leather interiors (grey interior, but seats were white in the center and a darker grey on the outsides)
Also, be sure that price includes them getting the back armrest, the head rests and hopefully the top of the center console as well.

If you get it done, post pictures!! :D:D
To follow up here are the pics, I just went on prius Chat and found them. There are more of different angles included... http://www.priuschat.com then click albums and view pages 7-9. I think it was Page 10 also has of just plain grey leather that's about the same shade as the original grey seats (factory)

The leather looks similar, but look at the door details... These are 2 seperate cars... LOVE the grey interior myself!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I paid $1100 through my dealer for basic one-color leather seats, which was the cheapest any dealer quoted me when I was shopping around to put myself on a wait list. The two-tone leather seats in bradca21's post look pretty neat! Mine are a charcoal grey to go with my grey/burgundy interior.

The upholstery company that the dealer used, pulled out all the seats, center console, and door arm rests and brought these components offsite to get the leather done. Nice since you don't worry about some random guy driving your car around to some far flung shop.

If you have the side air bags, make sure they use leather covers that will operate with them. Mine have a little cloth tag to indicate side air bags.

If you're in the SF Bay Area, check out City Toyota in Daly City. I used their fleet department (AAA, Costco referral) and would recommend contacting Elias or Gary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts