Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been reading this group for a few weeks and am really excited about getting a new Prius. I was wondering if there could be a problem in my order being delayed if I was on more than 1 waiting list. I didn't think that it mattered but a just talked to a dealer who said that it was. I don't really trust dealers so I wanted to get everything's take on it. Currently I am on 4 waiting lists. 2 required a refundable deposit and the other 2 did not.
:roll:

Thank you!

Ryan
Houston, TX

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't really trust dealers
LMAO...... :lol:
Now THAT was funny!

.........The list are completely independent from Dealer to Dealer! Get on as many list as you want.......you are not even obligated to buy if or when the car comes in........And they are probably not obligated to sell it to you either.
I think it's more of an "honor" system.......now that is definately not a word one would associate with a dealership....huh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, now another question, Which package would probably be easily to get, a #8 or #9 or does it matter? It sounds like the #9 is a lot more common out of the 2 so they would make more, correct?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would suggest telling the dealer any option package, and all colors that you think you can live with (the more the better). From what I have seen in the Bay Area, any package under #7 is non-existent, and being flexible on options and colors increases the probability of getting a vehicle sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
119 Posts
lots of dealer lists

Everytime I get on a dealer list I receive in the mail from Toyota a nice Prius key chain. I have 3 and will maybe get more. Has everyone gotten these and would anyone want one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How soon after being on a waiting list do you get a key chain? Are the key chains worth having?

Ryan

·
Registered
119 Posts
Key Chains

I got my first one in the mail about 2 weeks after getting on the list. The key chains are silver, about 2 inches long with the toyota emblem and Toyota in red and then below it and in larger font the name Prius. On the other side it is trimed in blue with a blue curved line running down and on one side of it in dark blue are the words HYBRID SYNERGY DRIVE, one word on top of the other. I think they are kind of pretty and a nice thing for Toyota to do. Yea, they are worth it if you have other keys that need chains as there are no keys for the car.

Waiting not so patiently for my car. Hope it is Driftwood Pearl.

03jill

·
Registered
20 Posts
On 5 lists, but no keychain.

Wow, you got keychains? I'm on five different lists from Richmond VA down to Fayetville, NC. Two of them have refundable deposits and the other 3 just took my name and number. I don't feel any better or worse about any of them, I just wanted to increase my odds.

I thought about asking for a specific color and option package, but ultimately just told them to give me a call when my number is up and let me decide.

DurhamNC

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea, no key chain here either in SE PA. I'm just on one list and at around #15, with an allocation of 3 cars per month at the dealer, I'm looking at October or November at the earliest.....I wish Toyota would say what changes/colors (if any) are going to happen with the '05's since that's probably what I'll end up with. I'd also like peace of mind that they are not going to massively jack up the MSRP too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got a keychain. It's really cool, except that the dull spots on the Hybrid Synergy Drive side were easily scraped away by my house key (the one key on my chain, heh). Underneath the dull coating is a shiny, textured surface. It looks better dull, but it is no good having uneven shiny spots, so I just scraped the rest of the dull stuff away to consistency's sake.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you sign up for your not obligated to purchase the vehicle. If you sign any paperwork your on the hook for the car. If you refuse to buy the vehicle the dealership could sue you. If the vehicle isn't delivered by the due date you may not be obilgated to purchase the vehicle.

Side note: If you place orders at multiple dealerships it messess up the oders delivery process. Delivering unwanted Priusess to delerships. Thus making others wait longer for thier cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keychain w/o a car!

Ordered my Tideland Pearl #3 pkg. in October. Received numerous "thank you for your patience" letters from Toyota and did receive a keychain in March. I immediately called the 800 hotline and thanked them for the keychain, but now I needed a car to dangle on the end of it! (In fact, each time I received a letter, I called the 800# with various questions, most of which they could not answer. I thought I was nudging the upper echelons of the Toyota Corporation, but in fact, each of my calls was reported back to my dealer. My dealer confided that the #800 hotline is basically a "vent" line and most of the operators are fresh out of college.)

Did receive my Tideland Pearl on June 14th and am loving it.

Klaren :D :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Helena Montana so I figured I could visit him and get a new car! A twofer. Their wait list was much shorter i.e. this year! I really wanted to get the extra tax credit if I could and my local dealer told me in May that it would be February. I am number two for a #9 in Helena. Did not ask how many they get a month. My son has an internship with the state in Ecology and the State has "several Prii". I may yet be an owner this year. I still feel a bit guilty though.
Henry Drygas

·
Registered
119 Posts
hdrygas,

Do not feel guilty. We are all doing what we can for our new cars. I have been on a list at Rosner in Fredricksburg, VA sinse about the middle of May and got the call that my car will be here the end of July. Do I feel guilty. H--- NO!
Just wish everyone could get theirs as quickly.

Oh So Happy Jill

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks, The home dealer was better than I expected ( I expect the worse and was happy I was disappointed). I have had some bad experiences in the past I remember a particular diesel VW in the late 70,s that through a rod a few weeks after going out of warranty just after the gas crisis at that time. I got hosed to be polite. I want to treat folks fairly but I have also wanted to do something about my commute car for some time and I now can afford to so I took this chance. Getting to go and visit my son is a huge plus, even for a weekend, he and I can get along. I know I need to let him do his thing but I do not think a weekend will be too intrusive to his independence, and that is very important also.
Henry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts